• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Prevue Magazine's JMS interview, Part 2

Re: Prevue Magazine\'s JMS interview, Part 2

Thanks Chris, I just read the new article then I went back and read the previous one. Nothing specially new, of course, but always interesting to hear what JMS has to say.
smile.gif

------------------

Spoilers for the JMS article, part II (if spoilers to articles need to be posted):

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> I guess JMS is not thinking of necessarily bringing the original cast back if a B5 movie is ever made. He mentions something to the effect of 'it might happen when I'm not around anymore' or something like that.

If a B5 movie (I mean in the theater movie) could be THAT far off, what are we going to do? We can't even take a few months wait! </font></td></tr></table>

laugh.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

Actually, hypatia, JMS has said that he wants to do a feature film as a reward or present for them, because movies are where you get the big $$ .

I figure he was just saying that the movie wasn't going to be made anytime soon, or that he wasn't planning it yet, so that the rumour mill doesn't start spinning.

It's best not to read too much into these statements, anyway.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>It's best not to read too much into these statements, anyway.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's something every B5 fan needs to have tattooed on the inside of his or her eyelids.
smile.gif

The Prevue interview was done while they were still shooting the movie, and I'm sure JMS was concentrating on that, not looking ahead to a possible feature film that would probably only get made soon if the movie became a seris and if it became a modest hit for Sci-Fi. Even then writing the thing could easily take a year, given his other commitments, and getting it made could eat up another two.

So we're looking at four or five years down the road if everything goes right. If it doesn't it is very possible that B5 will become a property like The Beverly Hillbillies or The Addams Family that runs in syndication for decades until some studio exec who watched it as a kid decides it will work on the big screen. Given that (and given the fen track record of reading his every statement as closely as CIA Kremlinologists used to study the pictures from the top of Lenin's tomb every November) he probably was deliberately playing the whole issue of the movie down when talking to Prevue.

Now, of course, the moderated newsgroup will be filled with "ATTN JMS" threads asking if this means he's given up all hope of doing a B5 feature film himself.
smile.gif
The guy can't win.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

I get the feeling that JMS is the eternal optimist. He never says "never", always leaves the door open.
smile.gif

------------------

Thanks for posting the link to the article it's nice to read about what he's up these days
smile.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by ambassador (edited September 05, 2001).]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back