• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Post-Psi Corps during Crusade: SPOILERS

Loadhan

Regular
This is just a speculation I have for what might have happened later in Crusade - if it had / ever will be finished.

Spoiler from Unaired Crusade Script "Value Judgements":

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> With Psi Corps gone, Bester is on the run as a war criminal. Bester, however, still has allies, former members of the Corps still loyal. And they at least have a few ships - like the black omega flagship we saw in B5:S5. </font></td></tr></table>

Spoiler from "Final Reckoning: The Fate of Bester":

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> It is after the Drakh Plague - and any after effects - have been cured. Bester is still on the run as a war criminal but now alone and without any ships or supporters of the former Psi Corps</font></td></tr></table>

Spoiler from what JMS said and people theorize of the story arc of Crusade (that most of us here know anyway but I'll spoiler it anyway - first time using spoilers!
wink.gif
):

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> Probably in season 2, a cure for the plague would be found but the cure is based too closely on Shadow tech and might be worse than the plague. Some speculate default Shadow programming would start to control people and Earth. Gideon and the Excaliber crew would know some of this but would have to go rogue to escape the conspiracy in Earth Forece. </font></td></tr></table>

And now something I wondered about ...

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> So later in Crusade we have Gideon and his crew as renegades of Earth. And we have Bester and his supporters as renegades of Earth. Both hate Shadow tech - especially Shadow tech that takes control of Human hosts (Bester because of what the Shadows did to Caroline). The Excaliber will have a hard time finding allies and friendly ports. Wouldn't that put Bester into a prime place to work with Gideon? They may have different goals in the end but Bester would probably want to join in the effort to rid Earth of all Shadow tech - while of course furthering his own goals. Probably in this conflict is where he lost his allies and his ships and was alone by the time of the third "Psi Corps" book. </font></td></tr></table>

Any comments?
smile.gif

------------------

Sounds somewhat logical. But you are assuming that Bester is in charge. He might not be.

Regards,
TheInfection

------------------
Things change... long time gone by.

Bester really does not have enough resources after the war to do much for the Excalibur. We see in the Psi Corp Trilogy that

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>he has to resort to blackmail and coersion to get enough assistance to keep himself safe, let alone help renegades. In Value Judgements he runs into the crew and trades his personal services for transportation. Associating with other people on the run would probably just put him at risk of getting caught with the Excalibur. </font></td></tr></table>

------------------
"I was free to wallow in my own crapulence." -Mr. Burns in "Who Shot Mr. Burns Part Two"

Interesting, though my theory on the whole renegade thing is (course, doesn't have too much to do with Bester) -

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>
That Gideon would eventually be wanted by Earth for some reason, whether it was b'cause he was simply rogue or that he was ruffling a few feathers, or whatever. With the way the story was going, he would probably retreat at some point to B5, being that it is neutral territory (and of course Lockley is there). Somehow Sheridan would be pressured by Earth, and maybe others to try and get ahold of Gideon. He does, and Gideon explains to him about how the cure really isn't a cure. Thus, getting Sheridan on his side. Only thing would be that Sheridan would more than likely have to somehow make Earth think Gideon and co. are dead, that is unless he could convince Earth that Gideon is right. Course, I have a whole thing on "the death of the Excalibur..."
smile.gif
Anywho, Bester wouldn't really fit into any "workable" solution I don't believe. Only place he would seem to fit in would be with Garibaldi getting his revenge against him. </font></td></tr></table>

invalensname

------------------
**In Starlight** | In Starlight's Forum

"There is always hope. Only because its the one thing no one's figured out how to kill, yet."
--Galen, 'Crusade'

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back