• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Pop up ads?

Recoil

Regular
Anyone else getting about 2-3 pop up ads when they either visit this site, or click on the forums, or log into the forums?

I have been getting a few on and off and I wasnt previously aware that B5TV.com used em. Has there been a change or am I being haxed?

I think they are lingering pop ups from other sites.

I get the same thing. Thankfully, I've always been able to close them at least.

Anyhow, I think they are linger-ers. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yeah, hyp is right.

They're most likely from other sites; I've never had a pop-up here, and Ant has said that he won't use them.

Sta and hyp are right. No way are the popups coming from here.

I never get popups when this is the first site I visit in the morning and I don't have any other programs (any fileshare programs e.g.) open, so there really can't be another explanation - they're either very late popups from another site or you may have some other program running that also uses popup ads.

Have you got popups when you come straight here, not visiting any other site first, after turning the computer on? Do you have any other programs running? (Gator, Kazaa, whatever)?

I dont remember if I got them when I opened this site fresh, or if I was coming here from another site. I know they werent open when I came here, but its possible that leaving the other site triggered a late popup that made it seem like it was from here.

Nope, no popups here.

Sometimes windows from other sites hide themselves, and they then popup. Could be a file sharing program. Or you could have spyware.

Ahh, this is a nice, friendl popup-free zone. *contented-sigh*

If you're getting popups and they're not coming from another site, then you should probably be checkin' the comp to see if you've gotten a nasty little piece of adware installed.... darn things get thrown in with some other programs, especially p2p software like kazaa, limewire, blubster, etc. GAIN is a common, and highly annoying one.. CommonName, another.... The software seems to coordinate its poping-up-annoying-ads with loading web pages, to make you think the ads are coming from the website you're viewing.

Yeah, I wouldn't know if any popups come from this site or any site since Mozilla kindly blocks them all for me. /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I like friendly little pop-up free zones. Too bad that I have to pay stupid Ez-board to make my place a pop-up free zone for all of my members.

Yeah, it's a bit hard to get anything for free *and* without popups on the net these days.

Geeze you're quick. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Gone now. I'd put it in the code by accident, then couldn't find it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back