• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Polls?

Flounder

Regular
Hi. could you give us the polls back please?
They were a fun conversaton starter, and we can't do EpDis without them. :)

Poster: vacantlook, Moderator

Polls are still working for me.

Quick solution: Just make everybody a moderator.

At least I can still create the EpDises. If you're unable to create a poll yourself, Flounder, are you at least able to vote in one if I make it (like the EpDis I did a few minutes ago for "Babylon Squared")?

At least I can still create the EpDises. If you're unable to create a poll yourself, Flounder, are you at least able to vote in one if I make it (like the EpDis I did a few minutes ago for "Babylon Squared")?

Yes, I am. Good to see that the EpDis goes on unhindered.

Re: colors

In a somewhat related thingy.......can we get the color board back.......it was VERY cool to be able to click and change the text color.........I'm not nuts am I? (well, we'll table that discussion for another time :rolleyes: ) There WAS a color board in the full reply screen, earlier, when the upgraded board went online???

Actually, while I agree colours can be cool, I suppose that on a board where everyone can freely choose their stylesheet (that can be totally different in colour scheme), having people post in random colours can get pretty annoying for people quite quickly.

For example, anyone using B5TV classic (dark blue) colour scheme, yellow text can look cool, while people using the Desert stylesheet (like me) would have to highlight the text to be able to even read it.

The color board isn't coming back. I always remove it, and you saw it briefly but I soon removed it again. :D

I think it encourages bad use of colors. Even though, technically, the feature is still there, we don't encourage it.

And as Kribu said, with choosable styles now you don't know what your text will look like!

Some guy at another board I use, used to post in all blue text. Annoying, although that was blue on white, not blue on dark blue.

Hah, I knew it!!!!!!! You're a terrible liar.........I can see it written all over your face........... :cool:

Should I stop using colours in my sig.?
The reason the colour board is gone, is that if people get into the habit of using colours to highlight text, it might not look right for those with a different style sheet. But is my sig. an incitement to board riots? Should colours be a secret kept inside Babbleon? :cool:

To be honest, I had pondered that Flounder. :)

If I had to be honest, I'd prefer no colour in your sig. Some people may already be having problems with it. Whereas default text colour can change with the style sheet.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back