• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Please Read-Galacticon!!!

You guys sure get around:rolleyes: "Hardly anyone wants" eh? I think you don't talk to a lot of people then.

I was just wondering if you realized exactly what you are doing when you boycott the new show. Probably not, you do not seem one for insight. I'll spell it out for you. You are screwing yourself royally.

Okay, say you get everything that you want. You convince everyone on the planet Earth and the astronauts besides to boycott the show. No one watches it, and it gets the worse ratings in television history. Bonnie Harmer declares that no Scifi employee shall *ever* mention the remake to her again, on pain of death. Ron Moore changes his name, moves to France and never writes again. None of the cast or crew would even dream putting this show on their résumés and some require serious therapy. Needless to say, the remake does not go into a series.

That's what you want isn't it?

But what would happen after that?

Well, at that point, Battlestar Galactica would have failed no less than *three times.* That's right, three. The original went off the air after one season. It was a fun show, but a combination of high production costs, bad writing and a law suit from dear old George killed it. The next series, Battlestar Galactica 1980, lasted for a grand total of ten episodes, only one of which was watchable. And if you get your way, Battlestar Galactica 2003 will last for two episodes and quietly die.

Now the people who pay for shows are not going to say, "Well gee, the remake sure didn't work. Let's make a continuation instead." They are going to say, "Battlestar Galactica could not sell food to the starving. There is no way we are going to touch it ever again."

On the other hand, if the remake does well, they might just do a continuation. They made original Star Trek movies while TNG was airing. There is plenty of room for two versions of the same show.

The best thing you can do for the original is to watch the new one.

Latest posts

Members online

Back