• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Online book party for Jeanne Cavelos

B5LR

Regular
<font size="+1">Online book party for Jeanne Cavelos</font>
<font size="3">The Passing of the Techno-Mages author in online chat</font>

About Babylon 5 Fans is holding an online chat tommorow, Tuesday July 3 2001, with Jeanne Cavelos.

Jeanne, author of The Passing of the Techno-Mages trilogy, is attending the event to coincide with the launch of the second volume in the trilogy, Summoning Light. The book follows on from Casting Shadows, the first in the trilogy, released earlier this year.

The chat will be to "congratulate Ms. Cavelos and celebrate the continuation of the Babylon 5 saga," according to About Guide Mike Helba. It will be held at 9pm ET, and you can find the chat room by clicking here.

In our chat room? Here at good ol' B5LR.com? Very cool! I'll have to tidy things up a bit! Make it presentable in there. I'll shove my thing over in a corner, there'll be room for everyone.
laugh.gif

Seriously, though, this should be cool. As a regular denizen of the B5lr.com chat room, I'll do my best to be there to talk to Jeanne. Wonder if she likes the salad bars on Z'Ha'Dum?
cool.gif

------------------
THRAWN
Official ambasador
to Babylon 5 from The People's Republic of Haven.

"Kill 'em all, Let Valen sort them out."
-Random B5 bumper sticker

"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."
-George Carlin

Ummm, Thrawn, it isn't in our chat room. It's in about's chatroom. The link is in the message above. Should still be pretty nifty though.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

D'OH!!!!

Silly me I didn't know of about's existence, what's wrong with me, huh? I must be a total degenerate, right? Yeah, thats about right.

Its a good thing I checked the messageboard though.
crazy.gif

------------------
THRAWN
Official ambasador

-George Carlin

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Silly me I didn't know of about's existence, what's wrong with me, huh? I must be a total degenerate, right? Yeah, thats about right. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is so much wrong with you we'd need an entire forum just to scratch the surface.
laugh.gif

And you know what? Wouldn't have it any other way.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Hey cbo
Its called the off-topic member's lounge.
laugh.gif

Ivanova
IT was ok, although the mod format was a bit stifling. That was the first moderated chat I participated in, and I must say that unmoderated is the way to go. Thats cool that Jeanne liked your art! I emailed her asking if she liked fresh or aged spoo, and for the record, she perfers aged! Hah!
tongue.gif

------------------
THRAWN
Official ambasador

-George Carlin

Is there a transcript of the chat up anywhere, or was anyone logging it? I missed it.... was off celebrating my wedding anniversary.

------------------
"Expect me, when you see me."

Hey all!! I was happy to see that some of the posters here at the chat! Of you guys who went, what did you think of it? I had a major blast!!! Jeanne seemed to be really nice. What blew me away was what she told me about the casting shadows piece I made: she printed it out and placed it on her wall!!!
laugh.gif

For those of you who couldn't make it, I think the transcript of the chat is going to be posted by Sunday.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Thrawn,

I agree. They just don't want the guest to be flooded with questions and not be able to answer any of them because the screen is moving quickly. I've been to a few moderated chats. You eventually get used to it.

Derian,

At babylon5.about.com. I'm not sure when it'll pop up. I thought Mike said Sunday, but I could be mistaken.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

I wasn't able to go to the live chat
frown.gif

But I have just read the chat transcript
smile.gif

ok

I thought it was amusing that sassy_queen asked her inevitable question Do techno-mage's wear boxer's or breif's?
smile.gif

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Hey Mike, thanks for the info and welcome to the board. I know you have the board over at about.com but do stop by and say hello every now and then.

------------------
"I didn't think so, but if I was wrong, I was wrong. I'd rather do something, and make a mistake than be frightened and be doing nothing. That's the problem back home. Folks have been conned to thinking they can't change the world, have to accept what is. I'll tell you something my friends. The world is changing every day, the only question is who's doing it."
-- Rev. Dexter in Babylon 5:"And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place"

[This message has been edited by Chai (edited July 07, 2001).]

Thanks for the welcome, Chai. I thought I had created an account when B5LR.com first opened, but I guess I was mistaken. I'll try be around more often.

Thrawn & Ivanova - Actually, I think the vast majority of the "celebrity guest" chats I've attended have had a moderated format. The one thing that About's software lacks that I wish it had is a "peanut gallery" channel. That way other people can chat back and forth during the chat without cluttering the guest's screen. One of the reasons that I selected a moderated format was because the chat Ms. Cavelos did with Sandy Bruckner a few months ago was ruined by some fool. Fortunately, we had a much more enlightened crowd Tuesday night!

Deviot - I thought sassy_queen's question was a fun question to keep the mood light. I had no idea that it would receive a serious answer!

------------------
Mike Helba
About Guide to Babylon 5
http://babylon5.about.com
G'Kar not Jackarr!

Welcome to the lists, Mike!! I'm glad to see that you have joined us!!
smile.gif
And thank you for letting me have the first post in the transcription as well as leaving the part where I posted the pic to Jeanne. I wasn't sure if you were going to post the unmoderated comments as well.
smile.gif
Thank you. Did you think that the attendance was a little low, though? I only saw about 13 people. I thought there would have been more.

------------------

I just read the transcript. Boy am I glad she took out the love triangle between those three. It worked so much better the way it was.

------------------
Bus
"The pink ones keep ya from screamin'." Grandpa

Ivanova - I had to leave your wonderful artwork in! :)

While the attendance surely fluctuated throughout the chat, the number was more like 22 or 23 people in there at the high point. Of course I would have liked a bigger crowd, but we had a good group with some great questions.

------------------
Mike Helba
About Guide to Babylon 5
http://babylon5.about.com
G'Kar not Jackarr!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back