• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

ok...

Mindwalker

Regular
I am set to convert the unwashed masses, what is the best way to view the movies in conjuction with the series (to heighten the mystry and suspense)

Well, the obvious ones are:
Thirdspace- sometime in the mid 4th season.
River of Souls- After season 5
A call to Arms- After season 5 and River

After that,
The Gathering- should be shown as the first thing, if at all.

In The Begining- I think anytime after "Attonement" is good.

I cannot agree.

River of Souls and A Call to Arms AFTER Season 5? No way.

River of Souls should be watched somewhere in early season five.
Call to Arms should be watched immediatly after Objects at Rest.

Thirdspace between Ilusion of Truth and Atonement

The Gathering should be the very first

And In the Begginning, even though is the first cronologicaly speaking, it should be seen somewhere after The Fall of Centaury Prime.

Finally, The Legend of Rangers could be before Sleeping in Light and after River of Soul

I hope this can help you, and this info was taken from The Luker´s Guide.

Regards,

Cadu
Zahadum

I cannot agree.

River of Souls and A Call to Arms AFTER Season 5? No way.

Call to Arms should be watched immediatly after Objects at Rest.
I very strongly disagree. A Call to Arms and River of Souls should be watched after Season5 (after Sleeping in Light). Reason for this is because they are not part of the original series, they are bonus.

I'm afraid you are wrong with River of Souls. It is so obviously after season five and the Lurkers Guide states that it is set six months into 2263. (Equivalent to season six)

The Lurker's Guide has a master list of everything in chronalogical order and can be found here.

In The Beginning, if you want to avoid spoilers, can be viewed anytime after Atonement.

If you want to be really picky, then Sleeping in Light has to be seen after everything else as it takes place twenty years later.

If you want to be really picky, then Sleeping in Light has to be seen after everything else as it takes place twenty years later.

Elenopa,

Since you posted this thread and asked which is the best way to watch the TV movies into the whole story, in my opinion that is the best order.

Using your words, yes....I am been picky.

However, how can you explain first watching Sleeping in Light and afterwards River of Soul and Call to Arms and some situations impossible to be shown after watching Sleeping in Light? The really end is Sleeping in Light. If you have not seen it yet you will understand why.

Regards,

Cadu
Zahadum

First point; I didn't post this thread.

I have seen everything, and have everything on video. Sleeping in Light is set twenty years in after the rest of the events in B5 and, as I have said, if you want to be completely accurate in chronological terms, then it should be viewed after everything else. But, it is part of the main B5 story, and as such can be viewed after Objects at Rest as it was origionally transmitted.

Each to their own, but I'm sticking to my order.

If I can work out exactly where Thirdspace and Day of the Dead go :cool: :D

"Thirdspace" is set in the middle of season four. There is a voiceover by Sheridan that says "It was the middle of the Earth year 2260. The year between wars" meaning the time between the end of the Shadow War and the start of the liberation of Earth and the colonies.

As for "Day of the Dead", I'm still trying to figure that one out. Maybe it never happened and was just a dream stuck in everyone's head by Morpheus (or Daniel).

*waits to see how many people get that joke*

It's difficult getting everyone on the station at the same time. About the only point that works for Thirdspace is bang in the middle of The Illusion of Truth. There is a gap within the episode between the reporters leaving and the actual transmission. It is the only time when all the right people are on the station.

Same with Day of the Dead. The point where it was originally shown makes no sense as Londo and G'Kar were supposed to be off station. I haven't decided whether it should be moved forwards or backwards in the running order.

Rewatching "Epiphanies" it seems "Thirdspace" would fit neatly between it and "The Illusion of Truth" as the embargo against B5 is put in place in "Epiphanies" and that plays a minor role in "Thirdspace".

*still waiting about the joke*

As for "Day of the Dead", I'm still trying to figure that one out. Maybe it never happened and was just a dream stuck in everyone's head by Morpheus (or Daniel).

That was the joke. Ok, maybe not joke, but definately a pop culture reference.

Anyone get it?

If you are trying to convert a newbie In the Beginning can be a good trump card. If they get board during season one and give up make them give it at least one last chance watching the movie.

*looks over to the boxed Morpheus and Daniel plushies atop his signed copy of Sandman: The Dream Hunters*

Mhmm, got the reference. :)

I do have to say I hate you. :p

And thank you for the link. I wasn't aware that Gaiman had returned to The Sandman. His best work, I think, was done on that series, although American Gods was fun.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back