• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Off Topic-but it got me thinking

Cern

Regular
My friend sent me a link to a website about an RPG called TORG. Anyway, the author of the site has a "Bedtime Story for Insane Darkness Devices" and it got me thinking, wouldnt this be a cool explanation for the Apocalypse Box? Here is the Link to the Story, http://home.sprynet.com/~djoakes/torgidl1.htm

and my edited version to fit into B5 continuity...

"Once upon a time, there was Nothing. Nothing was all alone, because there wasn't anything to be with it of course. And then along came Lorien, who was The First One, and asked "What is your name?" and Nothing replied "I do not have one," because Nothing could not have something, or it would not be Nothing, it would be something. And so Lorien said, "Then I shall call you The Nameless One." At first, The Nameless One was happy. But the more it watched Lorien, the sadder it got. Lorien and the other First Ones had everything, and would not let The Nameless One have any of it. "Go away," the First Ones said, "We cannot talk to you, for you have no name. We can only play with things that have names." And The Nameless One was very sad. "I know," thought The Nameless One, "I will make Them and Everything else go away, and then I will be Nothing again, and I will be happy."

So The Nameless One gave names to parts of itself, which became Darkness, which we call Apocalypse Boxes, and sent them out into the Galaxy. And these Apocalypse Boxes were accepted by people who wanted technological marvels, religious and economic power, and even the perfect fear, and promised these people all of these things

And the Apocalypse Boxes and their Owners were all happy...

------------------
“Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought and why we died. All that matters is that today, two stood against many. Valor pleases you, so grant me this one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, the HELL with you!”

Eat More Goat.

This is just too exotic for my feeble mind. Also I'm not into RPG. Sorry I can't come up with a better reply because I know you put a lot of thought into your question.
smile.gif

------------------

Cern, sounds like a Minbari fairy tale!
cool.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

Its still got a few bugs to work out admittedly. I have no idea how the Nothing (shades of Neverending story here) would destroy the universe by splitting itself up, but hey, thats what speculation is for.

------------------
“Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought and why we died. All that matters is that today, two stood against many. Valor pleases you, so grant me this one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, the HELL with you!”

Eat More Goat.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back