• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

No Tears for Tyr (Andromeda spoilers)

ElScorcho

Regular
So Tyr has left the Andromeda crew to become the leader of the Neitszchians (sp) and I, for one, have to say "Thank god".

Of all the staff to jump ship, his was the most welcome for me. I was never really too fond of the Rev, but at least his character had depth. Tyr's grumpy, egotistic, self-indulgent, Klingon sans prosthetics shtick was so predictible that it just slowed the show down. Harper's ironic statement about how it had taken him three years to betray them just seemed like stating the blatantly obvious.

Finally, with musclehead out of the way, they'll hopefully delve more deeply into Trance's arc - the most intriguing, yet mostly ignored one. And with the Commonwealth toast again, it's back to square one.

No Tears for Andromeda

It's kinda eerie -- I had the same reaction but for the exact opposite reason. Ever since Andromeda jettisoned Plot, Arc and Continuity, it's been almost painful for me to think about a character/actor as interesting (IMO) as Tyr/Keith (aka He Of the Dreamy Bod and Bitchin' Elocution) in a series so unworthy (IMO).

Must be one of those de gustibus etc things ;)

Finally, with musclehead out of the way, they'll hopefully delve more deeply into Trance's arc - the most intriguing, yet mostly ignored one. And with the Commonwealth toast again, it's back to square one.

One can only hope! Sadly I pretty much lost interest in Andromeda once they decided to chuck plot/arc and any semblance of a good story out of an airlock. The only thing worth watching is Kevin Sorbo, but even then the character has been horribly dumbed down and the whole thing makes me cringe.

There was so much potential in the first two seasons, including as you said the Trance arc. But all seems to have gone to waste. And I blame Kevin Sorbo for that, he was the one who wanted the show to be more easy for newcomers to follow. Hence the loss of an ongoing story line. A lot of the time I personally get interested in a show if it has an ongoing arc, it keeps you interested and keeps you watching.

Tyr leaving to me is a good thinking on the actors part. The show pretty much sucks, and I have no hopes of it getting better in the next season.

Hathor

Sadly I pretty much lost interest in Andromeda once they decided to chuck plot/arc and any semblance of a good story out of an airlock. The only thing worth watching is Kevin Sorbo, but even then the character has been horribly dumbed down and the whole thing makes me cringe.

This is getting scary, you and I agree on WAY too many things :D

I quite enjoyed many of the episodes in Seasons 1 and 2, and KS is always good for eye candy, but Season 3 really started to annoy me.

The characters became less interesting, Dylan Hunt seemed to halve his IQ, and the stories were dull. Such a shame that something which had some promise at the start deteriorated into drivel :(

Great minds think alike and fools seldom differ? :LOL: :D

KS is always good for eye candy

Well I have to admit that yes I think he's good to look at in Andromeda, I prefered him Hercules: The Legendary Journey's. Nice and buff :D

Such a shame that something which had some promise at the start deteriorated into drivel :(

It's a shame! There was so much potential with the stories that may have evolved from Tyr and Trance. Sadly the way the show has gone with more action (and I don't mind action itself) as long as it has a good plot and story behind it, they have fallen in the story telling department.

It seems Kevin Sorbo wanted it that way, and also to get his character in and out of bed more often. Now, I generally wouldn't mind love and romance and seeing a bit more of Kevin's flesh :D. But again lacking any real story or on going arc...it's all pretty pointless. :(

Lets hope that for those of us less than pleased with how the show has gone, it will pick up and have better story lines in Season 4.

Hathor

Well I have to admit that yes I think he's good to look at in Andromeda, I prefered him Hercules: The Legendary Journey's. Nice and buff :D

Such a shame that something which had some promise at the start deteriorated into drivel :(

It's a shame! There was so much potential with the stories that may have evolved from Tyr and Trance. Sadly the way the show has gone with more action (and I don't mind action itself) as long as it has a good plot and story behind it, they have fallen in the story telling department.

It seems Kevin Sorbo wanted it that way, and also to get his character in and out of bed more often. Now, I generally wouldn't mind love and romance and seeing a bit more of Kevin's flesh :D. But again lacking any real story or on going arc...it's all pretty pointless. :(

Lets hope that for those of us less than pleased with how the show has gone, it will pick up and have better story lines in Season 4.

Hathor

Maybe we just both have REALLY good taste :D

I can see I'm going to have to send you some more screencaps ;)

I'd pretty much given up watching it by about 5 episodes into Season 3. Not sure I can be bothered with it any more :(

I'd pretty much given up watching it by about 5 episodes into Season 3. Not sure I can be bothered with it any more :(

I like your explanation best :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Why doesn't it surprise me you've got screencaps of Hercules??

So sad when it started out so good :(

Hathor

I like your explanation best :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Why doesn't it surprise me you've got screencaps of Hercules??

So sad when it started out so good :(

Hathor

I think that Andromeda will be known as the show that started out good and turned real bad in a matter of time. I saw a couple of episodes of the third season. I have stopped watching it since then. I may watch the fourth season if it gets any better.

I think that Andromeda will be known as the show that started out good and turned real bad in a matter of time.

Will be? It already is.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back