• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Nial Class Fighter

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Silly question, I just finished watching 'Meditation on the Abyss.' How does one position oneself in the cockpit of the Minbari fighter?

One shot from the back made Lennier look like he was sitting. But all the others led me to believe the pilot was on his stomach. Help??
crazy.gif

------------------
"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end? It comes from within."

Something I've thought about too. Not sure, may be a combo of both. The Nials look longer then they are wide or high, so maybe they're laying on their stomach slanted, similar to the way they sleep.

Hope they didn't eat 30 minutes before flying one.
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Stomach

------------------
Bus
"Authorities say the phony pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and increadibly foul mouth." Kent Brockman

That's it, then... much as I like the exterior of Nial fighters, I'd have to choose a Thunderbolt or Starfury for myself.

There's no way I could be lying on my stomach for several hours (or minutes, for that matter!)!
frown.gif

Although it did look to me as if he was sitting. I can't imagine piloting a ship while lying on my tummy. Well, I'm not Minbari either, though...

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> There's no way I could be lying on my stomach for several hours (or minutes, for that matter!)! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You wouldn't really be lying on your stomach since there wouldn't be much in the way of gravity out in deep space. It'd probably be difficult on the neck flying in that position though.

Regards

------------------
With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> You wouldn't really be lying on your stomach since there wouldn't be much in the way of gravity out in deep space. It'd probably be difficult on the neck flying in that position though.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember these are Minbari fighters, designed for the comfort of Minbari pilots. They only _Look_ like us.

Also, remember that these ships operate on an Artificial gravity drive. So, they would have whatever Internal gravity is most comfortable for the pilot operating them at the time.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Good point. Anyhoo, off to bed.

Night all.

------------------
With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse

We once discussed this on another message board and I hit on the idea that these are piloted (for the most part) by Minbari Warriors which we've been told are heedless of their own lives in battle. Also for a Minbari to lay completely flat means to court death. So I suggest that part of the reason that they do lie down in their fighters is because they are ceremoniously conceding their lives and accepting death.

Just food for thought.

Terann

------------------
Teeps rule; Mundanes get spaced

Revere the Founders
Obey the Vorta
And don't poke the Jem'Hadar

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back