• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

News post: Postcards section launched

B5LR

Regular
<font size="+1">Postcards section launched</font>
<font size="3">The latest addition to B5LR.com is online</font>

We all know that this telemovie needs ratings, so we need to spread the word as much as possible. To help this, we've launched a postcards section to the website.

It contains B5 and non-B5 cards which you can send to friends to let them know about the telemovie, and hopefully gain a viewer in the process.

To visit the section, click here and send away, as many times as you want to everyone you know! Plus don't forget to send some to your mailing list friends.

hahahah,

I do believe I like the Star Trek: Next Gen one the best.

'Tea. Long Island. Iced.'

nicely done!

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

Ok on a serious note. How long from when one is filled out will it take to reach the receipent?

------------------

I just sent a couple and it was fun! If I remember, I will ask the receipents when they were received.

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

They should receive them within 2 minutes, unless they're on some dodgy email host (which I have found is a problem sometimes).

------------------
My candle burns at both its ends,
It will not last the night.
But oh my foes, and oh my friends,
It makes a lovely light.

Yes, it arrives immediately (tried to send one to myself). They are really cool!
laugh.gif

(And thanks, RW!
wink.gif
)

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Oh whoops, for some dumb reason I thought they were physically printed letters. Good call on the email idea, much easier
smile.gif

------------------

From the latest news item:

Thank you to everyone for their very positive comments about the postcards section, and the large amount that have already been sent to people to help spread the word.

However, some important news about sending a postcard to a mailing list that you are on (as suggested in the postcards section). I'm afraid any that if you have sent a postcard to a group (such as those on Yahoo!) it may not have gone through. This is because my email address is in the "from" field sent in the notification email, and the groups won't allow non-users to post.

This problem has now been corrected. Any emails that are by the postcard script will show as being from you, the sender. So as long as you send the postcard with your subscribed email, the groups will allow your postcard through.

Please note that you will need to resend your postcards to any mailing lists where this has been a problem.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

------------------
It makes a lovely light.

They're all cool, except for the Captain Kirk one.... the text just doesn't fit with the others...

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

I just sent one to a friend of mine at work who is a Trekker. He likes B5, too, so I'm trying to get him to watch the Rangers movie.

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
Yes, it arrives immediately (tried to send one to myself). They are really cool!
laugh.gif

(And thanks, RW!
wink.gif
)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are welcome my Narn friend.
smile.gif

You are the first person I thought of when I saw that G'Kar postcard.
smile.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

I'm now learning the downside of the postcards: my disk space usage is shooting up again. *sigh* It might be time for another messageboard chop down soon.
smile.gif

But having said that, there's bound to be more postcards sent in the first couple of days, and it'll now probably slow down.

------------------
It makes a lovely light.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back