• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

News post: Gus Lynch to star in Dark Angel

B5LR

Regular
<font size="+1">Gus Lynch to star in Dark Angel</font>
<font size="3">Plus other news on B5LR's Drazi Ranger Tirk</font>

Gus Lynch (Tirk in B5LR) has sent along word that he'll be in an episode of Dark Angel, which airs in the US on December 7 2001.

The episode is called "Gill Girl", and when Alec learns that an underwater transgenic has been exposed, he and Max must race to keep her out of White's clutches and return her to the ocean where she belongs. In the episode, Gus plays a character called Ike. It will air at 8/7c on FOX.

If you'd like to read more about James Cameron's Dark Angel, I suggest a visit to DarkAngelTV.com.

We also recently <a href=http://www.b5lr.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?id=1006304995">reported</a> that Enid-Raye Adams (Firell) had been cast in A Guy Thing. Well, so has Gus. He will play Agent Roberts, an internal affairs officer who enlists the help of Jason Lee to bring down a dirty cop.

Finally, you can also catch Gus in two other productions. He recently finished filming a remake of I Spy in which he plays General Tucker opposite Owen Wilson. He also has secured a recurring role on UPN's Special Unit 2.

Congratulations to Gus on all of these roles.

<hr size=1>
Related link:
Gus Lynch B5LR.com page
- B5LR.com's own page on Gus

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B5LR:
He also has secured a recurring role on UPN's Special Unit 2.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yay! SU2 is fun.

------------------
"When a spark goes online, there's great joy --
When one's extinguished, the universe weeps." (audio)
-- Rhinox, "The Spark", Beast Wars

drakh@spamcop.net

Yes, Special Unit 2 is very fun. THey are kind to bring me back. I had a blast doing the show a couple of months back. I played an aggressive loser security guard at the Bus Station in this season's premeire episode.
They thought it would be funny if they brought me back as the same loser security guard, but at a different job.
With any luck, I'll play every loser security guard part on the show and be a whole running joke. Its just the kind of thing Mr Katz would do with that show. The wacky so and so.
Its a nice little part and written quite sharply, and so should be a very good time.

The Dark Angel gig was interesting. Im not sure how much we'll see of Ike in that one. Its one of those instances where what we ended up shooting hardly resembled the part I auditioned for and landed. It happens in this business. But I had a good time working with Mr Singer, and Im a big fan of JC Mackenzie from his Murder One days, so it was good. Oh, and I guess there are worse ways to spend a week than basking in the glow of Miss Alba. Im contractualy obligated to say that. Cameron is ruthless. Im just kidding. No Im not. Yes, I really am.
crazy.gif
tongue.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gus Lynch:
Oh, and I guess there are worse ways to spend a week than basking in the glow of Miss Alba.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh my. *feels quite warm*

Was she a nice person?

------------------
"In the book which is my memory, on the first page of the chapter which is the day that I met you, appear the words: 'Here begins a new life'"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gus Lynch:
Oh, and I guess there are worse ways to spend a week than basking in the glow of Miss Alba

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL You make us all gelous
smile.gif

Actaully we getting season one final for dark angel next week.

Fun show DA.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

I had a good time working with Mr Singer,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correction. I of course meant I had a fun time working with Director Brian Spicer, not Singer. Bryan Singer has been in town prepping for the big screen version of Battlestar Galactica, so Ive understandable had him on the brain.
Frankly, I think its kind of rude of them to have such similiar names.
But thats just me. Maybe I was just raised different.

Regards,
Gus

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Bryan Singer has been in town prepping for the big screen version of Battlestar Galactica <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, Gus.

Either this is a scoop... or it's a mistake.

As far as I knew, Bryan Singer was supposed to be bringing Galactica back to the small screen with co-producer Tom DeSanto, but just last week or so, Singer had to pull out to devote himself fully to X-Men 2.

Production will have to be pushed back to accommodate his schedule and at this juncture, the entire project may fall through without his star power to hold it up.

I'd like to see what he could do with it.
I liked the old show when I was a kid, but it doesn't hold up in repeats, I tell ya!

ONLY 15 DAYS! SEE TIRK LIFT HEAVY THINGS!

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say.
This was one. No.... *tsk tsk*
No. Not good.
Not supposed to mention... "one", or... THE one.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B5_Obsessed:
ONLY 15 DAYS! SEE TIRK LIFT HEAVY THINGS!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

15 days? I thought it was more like 45 for you guys...
laugh.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Ah shit!
mad.gif

I hate when I lose a month.

------------------
No. Not good.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B5_Obsessed:
Ah shit!
mad.gif

I hate when I lose a month.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh. Lets just call it even on the boo-boos okay Obsesessed?
Fact is, Ive still had him on the brain, but only cuz Im behind on the times.
Thanks for the info.
Dont ever look to me for a scoop.
Fact is, the view from ground zero is kinda hazy.
Im too busy climbing the ladder and pulling out the various knives protruding from my back to look around and listen for rumour.
Well, thats overdramatic, and maybe even a mixed metaphor.
I just hadnt heard that he pulled out.
Thanks a lot. You just ruined my morning plans to rewatch Xmen on my comfy couch in my boxers and call it "professional research". This is why I dont stay current.

Aww what the hell, Im watching it anyway.
XMen:Best Comic Book Film Adaption. Ever.
ANybody wanna dispute that?

The hand that stirs the pot,
Gus Lynch

------------------

Yes, Special Unit 2 is very fun. THey are kind to bring me back. I had a blast doing the show a couple of months back. I played an aggressive loser security guard at the Bus Station in this season's premeire episode.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>And we all know it's all Antony's fault that nobody here recognized you. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>They thought it would be funny if they brought me back as the same loser security guard, but at a different job.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>They did something like that during the first season... Had the same guy show up in 4-5 episodes. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Its a nice little part and written quite sharply, and so should be a very good time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes... The writing on SU2 caught me off guard. I had it pegged as a watered down Men in Black rip-off... Then they started sneaking in increasing amounts of cleverness in the scripts, and the cast really clicked.

It's a pity what I hear about UPN already having a replacement in mind for next season...

------------------
"The world is a cold, heartless place... It's hurt you and it's hurt me.
But no more! For now I have the power DiTillio - The power to end the world!" (hear it)
-- Jeremy, "Ragnarok and Roll", The Real Ghostbusters

drakh@spamcop.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Thanks a lot. You just ruined my morning plans to rewatch Xmen on my comfy couch in my boxers and call it "professional research". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that tax deductible? Maybe I should get me a SAG card.
laugh.gif

Feel free to do your research. Galactica may be on hold but X-Men 2 is gearing up. If DeSanto can keep the studios from backing out during Singer's absence, Galactica might still happen.

Thanks for chattin' and if you want to be kept up to date, just ask us. We know everything!

------------------
No. Not good.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

Here... I made two screen caps of Gus on SU2:

su2gl1.jpg

su2gl2.jpg

------------------
"The world is a cold, heartless place... It's hurt you and it's hurt me.
But no more! For now I have the power DiTillio - The power to end the world!" (hear it)
-- Jeremy, "Ragnarok and Roll", The Real Ghostbusters

drakh@spamcop.net

Good God!
shocked.gif

Ever play any football, Gus?

------------------
No. Not good.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

XMen:Best Comic Book Film Adaption. Ever.
ANybody wanna dispute that?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No dispute here.

At least until the Rising Stars is released. Then let's tawk...
laugh.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deviot:
heya and welcome PriyaHubbard.

Glad you found the place and your idol Gus
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, Deviot.

I haven't actually seen B5. But, I will definitely be watching on January 19, 2002! And I will be praying that the pilot gets picked up, if only to see Gus
in action, weekly!

My Ex [Jason] and I used to see Gus at the local theatre years ago. In fact, Jason used to get a little jealous of my absolute adoration of Gus, but I am sure you can relate.

But then I went away for a while.

And then I was watching Dark Angel on Friday night, and I saw him! I did a google search for him and found this site. I am so glad to find a place where I can worship him amongst others.

Thanks for having me, and for letting me get to know B5. I have had a good ole search around the site, and the many postings of Gus. Tell me, does he come here often? I would really like a chance to tell him how much he has meant to me, and my dreams.

Anyway, thanks again.

PriyaHubbard

------------------
Gus is Great
bubbadeeuk@yahoo.co.uk

[This message has been edited by PriyaHubbard (edited December 09, 2001).]

He has come more often as of late. I believe he plays Tirk, a Drazi, so he would be wearing make-up and masks when you see him. Still there have been plenty of B5 actors who have been extremely expressive under layers of make-up.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

PriyaHubbard, you might also want to visit the SciFi.com website and check out the B5LR pages.
They have Photos of Gus as he will appear in Rangers.

BTW, you might want to edit your profile.
You listed yourself as having "No current E-Mail address",
then listed your Occupation as an E-Mail address.

Tyop time, I'm sure.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
blush.gif

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

OMIGOD!!!!

I am Gus Lynch's BIGGEST fan!

I soooooo love him. And he post's here, too?

Gussy-poo, if you are out there: I have loved watching you perform since I saw you in a production of "R.U.R". I think you were a robot?

Well, anyway. Gosh. I don't know what to say, except: Gus if you are truly out there in cyberspace, feel free to email me (see occupation in profile), and I can tell you just how big a fan I am.

PriyaHubbard

PS I'm hot!

------------------
Gus is Great

[This message has been edited by PriyaHubbard (edited December 09, 2001).]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back