• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

News post: CHUM acquires B5LR rights

B5LR

Regular
<font size="+1">CHUM acquires B5LR rights</font>
<font size="3">Canadian viewers will get to see the telemovie</font>

CHUM Group Ltd. has reportedly acquired the rights to show the Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers telemovie in Canada, the first company known to do so for a non-US market.

The group's properties include 28 radio stations and 25 television channels, which include Citytv, City Pulse and Space.

The telemovie will probably air on Space later this year, but we will keep you informed of any official news and details.

YEA Yea Yea Yea......
lol.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
shocked.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Thank you for the news AntonyF!!!

------------------
The avalance has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

Good now we need is an Australian media group to pick up the rights awell.....

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

I wonder if this includes an option on the rights to a Ranger series.

It's great to know we will see the Rangers movie but I would like to know when. It will lose some of its glamour if it is months later when everyone has already posted their comments.
frown.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Yea, Antony never did say what he's going to do about the rush of spoilers that everyone can expect starting January 19th. I'd bet that the entire "Rangers" forum will be considered spoiler-filled, though.

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

Wonderful news, thank's Antony.

As for spoilers, there is the little black box and I'm sure our fiends from the south will be sure to use it.
smile.gif

Not that that will stop me from sneaking a peek, with JMS stories I find that most of the things people post turn out to be just teasers for me.

------------------
"No boom to-day, boom tomorrow.
There is always a boom tomorrow."

[This message has been edited by kochia (edited January 05, 2002).]

This is great news
laugh.gif

*prod* C'mon UK *prod*

------------------
"You know I? I rather like this GOD fellow. He's very theatrical you know, a pestilence here, a plague there... Omnipotence, Got to get me some of that, Hmmm?" - Stewie (Family Guy)

smile.gif
Well, that ends one kind of suspense and begins another ... when? When? WHEN????

------------------

brashley

frown.gif
mad.gif
crazy.gif

I don't think I get any CHUM stations, ARGH!!!!! Several Globals, an unattached, and CTV, but beyond that, US, PBS, and other specialty channels.

GRRRRRR!

------------------
"There are moments when we all become someone else, something other than what we are. It takes only a moment, but we spend the rest of our lives looking back at that moment in shame."

this is great news!
smile.gif

now they need to announce the airdate.

------------------
No one here is exactly what he appears.
G'Kar - Andreas Katsulas

Nothing's the same anymore.
Commander Sinclair - Michael O'Hare

Babylon 5

CHUM stations (that i know of) include:

SPACE
NewVR (East Canada) / NewVI (West Canada)
CityTV

If you have either of those, expect to see Rangers on them.

Usually CityTV airs B5 movies first, then SPACE, then NewVR follows. Incidentally, this is how they also did it with the Dune and Robocop: Prime Directives miniseries.

If like me you live in Toronto, expect to see it on CityTV. Ofcourse (brag) i happen to have a dish with the Sci-Fi channel on it, so i'll be watching LOTR there on Jan 19th. It's too bad though, as i'd prefer to see it on a canadian channel (SPACE preferably), the amount of commercials on US channels is insufferable.

------------------

PROGRESS!!!

Now, on to the rest of the world...
wink.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Memo to Triggerhappy,

When you find out the airtime of LotR on CITYTV would you please post it.
smile.gif

Due to some weird programming by the sattelite system I'm on, we get CITYTV here in Vancouver, but have no way of finding out what's on ahead of time. I'll certainly check it out on the 19th, just in case.

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

I cannot confirm the rumour, but I am working on it for the Canadian B5 Information page. (I will share with B5LR if I learn more.)

I'm of the personal opinion if this is not a fact at this time it soon will be. However, I would not expect to see the movie air on CITY or Space for at least 3 to 4 months at best.

------------------
Canada's B5 Information Page
http://www.vex.net/~schrist/b5/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by schrist:
I cannot confirm the rumour, but I am working on it for the Canadian B5 Information page. (I will share with B5LR if I learn more.)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sadly the rumour is not true.

here is a link to a B5LR news item about it.

Oh no they havn't.......

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
Memo to Triggerhappy,

When you find out the airtime of LotR on CITYTV would you please post it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will do, though probably someone will beat me to it
smile.gif

Oh and as schrist already mentioned, considering how the previous B5 movies were handled, i would expect B5:LOTR to air a few months (most likely on CityTV) after the US date.

------------------
"I walk, i shop, i sneeze. I'll be a fireman when the floods roll back. There's trees in the desert since you moved out ... and i don't sleep on a bed of bones."

Sweet!

------------------
My name: Solaris5....
My mission: to burst the bubble of idiocy that has enveloped everyone and bring common sense back from beyond the rim.

As another Canuck, I got real frustrated when season 5 was brought to TNT and no longer available to view. So not to say that I am a rabid fan, but I purchased a second hand RCA dish just to watch B5.

I know what I'll be doing on Saturday ;-)

------------------
We cannot see the future. We cannot change the past. We
can only live in the now with an eye towards gaining enough
power in the future to wreck revenge on everyone who ever
screwed us in the past.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back