• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

News post: B5LR.com GVFX effects article

B5LR

Regular
<font size="+1">B5LR.com GVFX effects article</font>
<font size="3">Read about the creation of the Liandra and more</font>

We've posted another B5LR.com exclusive article, this time about the creation of the ships in B5LR.

To read more, and see pictures of the Liandra being created, click here and visit the article in our features area.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> The ship also had to be sleek, maneuverable, atmosphere-capable, and armed to the teeth. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...and that it is.
laugh.gif

You guys at GVFX rule, I really do mean that you all did a great job. I'm sure I'll be even more impressed when the movie airs.
smile.gif

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War is life and death is the only true peace."
war-demon@b5fan.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>And it would have to look cool enough to stand up to five to seven seasons of scrutiny.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hmmm....

------------------
"Come out kittycat... I won't hurt you... much..." (hear it)
-- Blackarachnia, "The Spark", Beast Wars

drakh@spamcop.net

NURBS! I love NURBS! I just like saying it. NURBS. Sounds so cool, yet funny.

But my heart has to go out to Bezier curves/surfaces.
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Sweet, those pictures will prove invaluable for fans recreating the Liandra model. I sense a new project coming on.

------------------
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from Kier Darby @ vBulletin infidel_dog@rangerone.b5lr.com

Thank you thank you thank you!
smile.gif

I might give it a go with modeling, I can't texture good however so it'd be a kinda crappy version.
laugh.gif

------------------
Marc Cosgrove

"From chaos, order came. As was inevitable." -Summoning light

wow, thank you VERY VERY much for this article, especially the pictures! now if you'll 'scuse me, i've got some work to do

*opens up LW modeler and grabs some caffine*
laugh.gif

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world.### - caught from Saps @ B5MG

cool.gif
Hmm... thats interesting... I wonder why they decided to go with the motteled bronze hull look, instead of the other hull colours? Granted that its an older ship. Oh and using maya to recreate that lightwave look would be a challenge. Either way, cudos to the art and 3d team, as i'm salivating even more for the movie...

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

Back