• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

News post: Actor Jeffrey Combs interviewed

B5LR

Regular
<font size="+1">Actor Jeffrey Combs interviewed</font>
<font size="3">B5 guest star talks about his Enterprise role, and Mike Vejar</font>

Over at TrekWeb.com, an interview by yours truly with Jefrey Combs is now online. I'm not just showing off my own work, it is somewhat B5-related!

Jeffrey played Harriman Gray in the season one Babylon 5 episode "Eyes". He is a Star Trek veteran, however, having played a massive five roles in three Star Trek series.

In the interview he discusses his current role on Entrprise as an Andorian—Shran—from a race that's not been seen in Star Trek since the 1960s.

His latest episode was directed by Mike Vejar, who has extensive directing credits with B5 and Trek. He is also director of the Legend of the Rangers telemovie that will be hitting US screens in January (as if you didn't know). Echoing B5LR cast members, he has nothing but praise for Vejar. "Mike is the rock of Gibraltar," says Combs. "He's mellow, easy going, yet really accessible. It's always a pleasure to work with him. So, again it's another comfort zone. Someone else that I don't have to worry about getting to know, and figuring out how they work or them figuring out how I work."

You can read the interview by clicking here and visiting TrekWeb.com

Antony:

I know this was a Trek interview, but was there any unreported B5 conversation?

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

Just read the interview which is very interesting. I was surprised how much infomation was given about a forthcoming episode in which Jeffrey appears again.

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

I like the interview. Good to see that he really is alive and well. I've always enjoyed his performances and look forward to seeing his future projects.

------------------
"I welcome you and present this place to you as a gift. I am called Valen, and we have much work ahead of us."
-Valen, War Without End Pt.2

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
In the interview he discusses his current role on Entrprise as an Andorian—Shran—from a race that's not been seen in Star Trek since the 1960s.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did not know 1986 (when ST IV:TVH was released) was in the 1960s.

:)
laugh.gif
;-)

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mondo Londo:
I know this was a Trek interview, but was there any unreported B5 conversation? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very little. He said that Mike Vejar had told him about B5LR. We talked about his B5 role. I couldn't really remember it, neither could he that well. Long time ago.
smile.gif
He did talk about it briefly though, said it was early on, and "short and sweet". He assumed that as he'd started working on DS9 heavily at that point, that they might not have wanted him around (or words to that effect). Obviously I'm just quoting from memory, and out of context. He wasn't being funny about it or anything.

------------------
"In the book which is my memory, on the first page of the chapter which is the day that I met you, appear the words: 'Here begins a new life'"

Yeah, there was a sense of competition between the shows for a while. It's a shame. Harriman Grey (Gray?) was a good character -- a morally decent member of Psi-Corps.

It'd be great if he could reappear if B5LR or Crusade ever get picked up...

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

Back