• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

New Look of Minbari Cities: A Theory

A great deal of damage was done in the civil war. The cities had to be rebuilt, and these new buildings may be the result.

Also remember that the Alliance was constructing new facilities at Tuzanor. These new buildings might actually be new Alliance buildings.

------------------
The Hour of Scampering is usually around tea-time, according to the Vorlon/Human Translation Dictionary.

futhermore, did they ever even specify what city we saw? this city could just have been designed by a different architect for all we know... on earth different regions have different building styles...

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world.### - caught from Saps @ B5MG

The damage didn't look so bad in "Moments of Transition". Certainly not enough to have to rebuild the entire city. The Warrior caste threatened to destroy the entire city, but they never actualy did that.
Also that the city looked much the same in "Objects at Rest" over a year later.

[This message has been edited by breen (edited January 21, 2002).]

We didn't see all of the city in "Moments of Transition": it could have been worse than was shown. Also, the warrior caste leader in that episode mentions something about having to rebuild the cities (I think the exact line is something like "The cities can be rebuilt").

I also thought about "Objects at Rest", but bear in mind that the Minbari had only had a year to construct the Alliance Facilities; it's conceivable that they had finished the bare bones stuff necessary for Sheridan to move in, but added more elaborate buildings later.

------------------
The Hour of Scampering is usually around tea-time, according to the Vorlon/Human Translation Dictionary.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back