• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

New logo

Springer

Regular
JMS has just unveiled a slightly new version of the B5 logo for the secret project (animation? documentary?) that he says he is going to reveal this time next week.

https://twitter.com/straczynski/status/1651262362341498880

Whatever the project is, the fact that they've gone to the trouble of re-doing the logo is interesting, because that also has marketing potential for merchandise, Blu-rays etc in the future.

Anyway, anyone getting excited yet?

Sorry, I should have looked further. I posted this in another thread. I'm hoping he's being sarcastic and that there's good news that there's movement on the new series. But it's probably something like a new comic book series...

Sorry, I should have looked further. I posted this in another thread. I'm hoping he's being sarcastic and that there's good news that there's movement on the new series. But it's probably something like a new comic book series...

Note that he's made it very clear that, while there was positive movement on the re-imagining, that's all on hold pending the probably Writer's strike.

This new logo has to do with a completed project that he expected to announce at San Diego Comic-Con but is now apparently going to be able to announce next Wednesday.

Note that he's made it very clear that, while there was positive movement on the re-imagining, that's all on hold pending the probably Writer's strike.

This new logo has to do with a completed project that he expected to announce at San Diego Comic-Con but is now apparently going to be able to announce next Wednesday.

I see you bolded completed but nowhere in his tweet does he indicate exactly what it's for. For the next week, all we can do is speculate instead of delve into the affirmatives.

jms has referenced this non-reboot project long before now, so here's what we know:

We knew as far back as late August of last year that every surviving main cast member of B5 is involved in this project.

He has described this project as "the closest thing to the original B5 in tone of anything we've done since. As if no time has passed at all."

I'm excited.

Last edited:
I JUST CAN'T STAND THE WAITING!!!!!!!

And as I have mentioned elsewhere.... Where is the blue?!?!?! Visually B5 has always had a hint of blue. ;)

But the anticipation of what is coming is making me really like, ... if not love... the new logo. :dancing::dancing::dancing:

The color of this new logo does match the color of the very early days keyhole logo that was done as part of the sales pitch prepreproduction artwork jms used to try to sell the show to networks, as seen here and here.

The color of this new logo does match the color of the very early days keyhole logo that was done as part of the sales pitch prepreproduction artwork jms used to try to sell the show to networks, as seen here and here.

HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY LOVE OF BLUE!!!!!!!!

:p
:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

;)

But yes I agree that historically speaking this logo is new with a hint of old. :thumbsup:

(Personally not a huge fan of gold.)

Blue is my favorite color too, just saying gold is not without literally any precedent in the B5 production. It could be a color chosen due to specific tone or theming that we're not aware of yet. It's a sharp, clean version of the logo, and I think the overall darkness of it produces a bit of intrigue and tension.

I remember the mention of this mysterious other project that wasn't the re-imagining and I wondered what happened with it. The wheels of the entertainment business can grind slowly. And weirdly. But I'm getting hopeful that I might be able to see a new B5 project and with the original cast. Animations are really popular these days, and some of them are quite good. I wonder if it's that or something else. And what network will be showing it? I may have to shuffle my streaming services again.

Here's hoping we can see it soon!

Could be a combination of streaming services (HBO Max) vs a digital purchase (Amazon) but hoping it isn't a restrictive deal where it is locked in to one service for a given period to encourage people to sign up. Would guess physical media will probably be an option, as odds are there will be Special/Bonus Features, and those rarely are included with streaming options. Ex: Can purchase/view Remastered B5 seasons 1-5, but the Special/Bonus features were only available on the original DVD releases.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back