• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

New JMS Sci-Fi Wire Interview

An actors placement in the credits is negotiated in the contract, and is determined by guild rules, the size of the role and the skill of the actor's agent.

The first few poisitions a the best, followed by the last ones.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Maybe the castmembers mentioned are Starring, and the other castmembers are Also Starring? Some sort of Screen Actors Guild rule? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But then why does SFC's Rangers website list Na'Feel before Firell?:
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/cast.html

On second thought, maybe they mixed up Na'Feel and Firell. That would be an ordering more consistent with what we've seen before.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frizzell:
'Rangers' Darkens 'B5' Universe is the title of an article on Sci-fi Wire. It basically quotes the longer interview. It mentions that 'Rangers' could possibly go to series and that they run B5 reruns five nights a week. It is nothing new, but it is something.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cinescape now has a similar article. Actually, it looks like they just took the article from Sci-fi Wire.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>

If Legends does go to a series, how will the types of stories you tell differ from those of Babylon 5?

Straczynski: Babylon 5 was really a show about political intrigue, with [this] core wrapped around an action series. This really isn't [the same] for several reasons. The political stuff will be there to inform [the Rangers'] missions, in terms of trying to make new alliances, and to steady problems as they come up out there. But I want this to be more action-oriented. Plus, this is a small ship; we've put these characters into a very small, confined situation—a tin bucket in space—and they have to live with each other on a daily basis.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm little worried about action-oriented story. B5 is for me the best because is not so action-oriented. I like political dramas inside B5. This, may be, will miss me. But there is always a hope.
smile.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I'm little worried about action-oriented story.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I personally tend to be more worried about JMS, the cast and the crew getting a good enough chance to tell their story. I hope there will be little to no network interference - something that Babylon 5 managed to endure but Crusade didn't.

I trust that the storyline will have plenty of intrigue, action and first of all -interesting characters. I'm sure there will be views at the B5 universe from both old and entirely new perspectives...

------------------
Canned flarn is a sacrilege.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I hope there will be little to no network interference - something that Babylon 5 managed to endure but Crusade didn't.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, JMS has posted several times that there was almost NO interference with Babylon 5.

That's how he got away with so much "subversive" material. Including things like showing Londo using his penis to cheat at Cards.

If anyone at warner had really been paying Close attention, you can be pretty sure that scene would have been, uh, Amputated.
tongue.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

I almost forgot to note what I thought was one of the most interesting lines from this interview: "I did want a darker, more serious look to this." I wonder if it's just the look that will be darker than B5, or the overall tone of the show as well. Maybe this won't be the kind of show in which we're likely to see an appearance by Reebo and Zooty.

------------------

Penn and Teller (Rebo and Zooty) are very funny guys. I do think the writing for them was LAME in that episode. One that JMS didn't write, I think.
crazy.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

If you are referring to Rebo & Zootie's Jokes, well:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> JMS Speaks:
Neil kept the humor sort of off-base ... operating on the assumption that there are some things that become au courant or funny because of context: Steve Martin's "excuuuuse me," for instance. Now, it ain't funny, it's just annoying ... at the time, EVERYbody was saying it and laughing.
R&Z are similar cultural phenomena ... their "with a machine" catchphrase, for instance, which the crowd new and reacted to. To us, and Lochely, it didn't mean anything.
Lochley's reaction was tailored to be EXACTLY the same as most women's (and some guy's) reaction to the Three Stooges: either it's funny, or you can't figure out why people are laughing.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back