• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

New JMS book?

Lyta

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spuzzum:
This can't be a re-issue of the Rising Stars comic in book form, because:
a) it's already out from a different company;
b) it wouldn't be a mass market edition;
c) it wouldn't be so cheap!
smile.gif

Has JMS novelised his comic? Anybody heard anything?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is an interesting find! I see Amazon also has it listed but with no more information than you already provided. This is the first I have heard about this and I think your hypothesis sounds good. I can see this published without the comic format since the story is good ... but I also find it a bit odd since it -is- about comic book hero types and it just makes more sense to read it in that format. Oh well, this will probably broaden the reader base and appeal to those people who don't get comic books.
wink.gif

Anyone want to ask about this in the moderated newsgroup and see if JMS replies?

I also noticed that iBooks is an e-book and printed book publisher. Maybe it will be available as an e-book eventually?

------------------
Monica Hübinette | monica.hubbe.net | The Abyss : B5
It is an infinite helix, the dance of two souls resonating, like the twist of DNA, like the vast universe. --Banana Yoshimoto (Lizard: Dreaming of Kimchee)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>This is an interesting find! I see Amazon also has it listed but with no more information than you already provided. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The info must have just been released today, because when I made the original post, there was no mention of it at Amazon. So I guess it's really new news.
smile.gif

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."
-- B. Banzai

simonsays.com, the website for Simon and Schuster books, is currently listing the following:

RISING STARS, BOOK 1
Born In Fire
By iBooks
ibooks, May 2002, ( $6.99 )
Mass Market Paperback, ISBN: 0-743-43512-5

Also, chapters.indigo.ca has the book available for pre-order, with the author listed as JMS:

Rising Stars: Born In Fire
J. Michael Straczynski
Mass Market Paperbound
Not yet available - PreOrder Today
This item has not yet been released. You may order it today, and we'll ship it to you when it arrives at our warehouse.
Our Price: $9.99 (Can.)

This can't be a re-issue of the Rising Stars comic in book form, because:
a) it's already out from a different company;
b) it wouldn't be a mass market edition;
c) it wouldn't be so cheap!
smile.gif

Has JMS novelised his comic? Anybody heard anything?

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."
-- B. Banzai

[This message has been edited by spuzzum (edited December 17, 2001).]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back