• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

My thoughts on the B5LR ship

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

let me start by sayin hi to everyone that can be bothered to read my posts.

I have been wondering about this ever since JMS first announced a completely diffrent ship for the show. well its gotta be sommat thats small so that counts out a Sharlin WarCruiser and the Victory, we know its not a Whitestar, could it be a cargo transporter? or maybe it may be an Adv Whitestar with Shadow Bio *Thinks to himself that that would be kewl* it could be a Tinashi War Frigate, but then if it was then that would rule out JMS's news that it was gonna be sommat diffrent. If its a Minbari ship it wont look much diffrent coz all there ships are based around the shape of there heads *Begins thinking about where the Whitestar idea came from* ........ right thats it, someone get a hold of the guys that are doing the CGI for this and tell them to release info about the ship or iam gonna put them outta buisness.

I put my money on it being an older version of a Sharlin.

but that still dont make any sense, David is a young ranger why would they put him in command of a ship that size? dont make sense, anyhow i look forward to seeing this new B5LR when its shown over here in the UK

Siguard Out!

------------------
There is a fine line between artificial intelligence and real stupidity

This is a pretty hot topic in my mind as well. I am looking for a ship about the size of a whitestar or a little bigger. It will have a unigue design that the Minbari probably phased out long ago. This one, the Liandra, will probably still be around for reasons we will not be told right away. There is also the mystery of the "lost crew" that will probably make an interesting story. I can't wait to see some sketches. Oh well, I guess I will just have to continue waiting.

------------------

i want you to take of your clothes slowly, i want you to put your hands down your......... ooooops wrong forum
smile.gif

------------------
The FDR said "Put down your shovels, get off your comels, sit on your ass, we aint going to the promised land".
Moses said "pick up your shovels, get off your ass, get on your camles, where going to the promised land".
President Clark said "I'll tax your shovel, i'll take your camel, i'll kick your ass and there aint no promised land".

[This message has been edited by SiGuard (edited June 08, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by SiGuard (edited June 08, 2001).]

Ide put a smiley in the message but there aint one with a big enuff grin

------------------
The FDR said "Put down your shovels, get off your comels, sit on your ass, we aint going to the promised land".
Moses said "pick up your shovels, get off your ass, get on your camles, where going to the promised land".
President Clark said "I'll tax your shovel, i'll take your camel, i'll kick your ass and there aint no promised land".

My money is on the first minbari/vorlon ship (not the whitestar).
I've been trying to find a link to where i first saw this ship but have had no luck. If memory serves correct these first prototype ships were used in the first shadow war (1000 years before babylon 5), it was said that there were still one or two in service. This seems to fit in with what JMS said about being an old rare ship. well off i go again to try and find that link.

------------------

JMS never said it was a old, rare ship!
or did he?
crazy.gif

i'm thinking it's a telepathic ship
that would definity be different
laugh.gif

lotr takes place really close to the teep war
so i think having a teep ship would be a good idea
smile.gif

a ship that might protect other ships crews from teeps or since hyperspace boosts a teeps ability-- the ship might block telepaths ability to locate ships in hyperspace
cool.gif

------------------
"I am the state"
Napoleon

A telepathic ship, now there's an idea with endless possibilities....
I hope you're right....

BTW, whatever happened to Lorien's ship
crazy.gif

------------------
"Faith Manages"

Yeah I want to know what happened to Loriens ship.

and I would really like the B5LR ship NOT to be special its been done so many time the main setting for a sci-fi series to be a one of a kind 'nothing like this has been seen before' sort of ship.

I would ideally like the main ship to be either a ship that we have seen before or at least heard of, or a real old boiler of a ship.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Yeah I want to know what happened to Loriens ship. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only two possibilities: He took it with him.

He doesn't need it anymore, so he got rid of it.

Unless Lorien never bothered to install any really advanced Tech in it because he didn't NEED any.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DavidB:
Yeah I want to know what happened to Loriens ship.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always just assumed that loriens left his ship at Babylon 5 when he left with the Shadows and Vorlons.

And what happened to it after that we'll never know.

Unless somone makes a story about it, but it won't be any Rangers ship obviously.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

I really wish theyd just stick with the Whitestars. I mean they are the ship of teh Rangers. I dont think theres a need for them to go out and get more ships of different types. Plus thats what i hated about Crusade, the lack of Whitestars

------------------
All your base are belong to us.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I really wish theyd just stick with the Whitestars. I mean they are the ship of the Rangers. I don't think there's a need for them to go out and get more ships of different types. Plus that's what I hated about Crusade, the lack of Whitestars.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The worst reason ever invented for doing something is "Because we've always done it that way."

The show takes place during a time of Flux and Change for everyone. It's inevitable that people would be upgrading their ships. The Rangers would need to be ahead of the curve on this because every alliance race has been promised the Tech from the White Stars.
In order to keep their edge, the Rangers need to introduce a few improvements.

Plus, the white Stars were designed for a particular purpose: To fight the shadow war. The Rangers now have a different mission: To Create the Peace.

The mission has changed. The Rangers will need a few different types of ship. They'll need the smaller "One Ranger" version of the White Star we saw Sheridan using in "Sleeping in Light" because they often work alone. It would be a waste of resources to use a White Star for routine transport of one or two people. They are also going to need a larger ship to counter the Excaliber type warships that are sure to be built. If they don't want to be pushed around, they need the ability to Hit Back Hard if necessary.

"Never Start a fight, but Always finish it" is sure to be the Ranger's unofficial motto.

That's how Delenn always reacted anyway, even _before_ meeting Sheridan.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back