• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Musings on the eve of a new era

PMvanova

Beyond the rim
Here we are, on the very eve (or day depending on where you are and when you read this) of a greatly anticipated return to a universe that has become an integral part of most of out lives.
Some of you have only recently discovered the Babylon 5 universe, others, like myself, have followed it nearly from first season. I remembered an article that JMS printed in Babylon 5 Magazine just before Crusade aired. He spoke of how all things come around again new, and the satisfaction of hearing secretaries answer "Babylonian Productions" once again.
For us as observers, we have seen this phenomenon of one writer and many collaborators bring life to words on paper. And life it is. A life that we sometimes wish were possible compared to our own seemingly drab lives.
Our hope is that this one event leads to yet another incredible experience that will bring meaning to life the universe and everything around us.
What JMS has written and produced story wise is nothing new, he's taken old stories and quotes, ideas and characterizations and put new faces and names and places to them To us, they're new and different. To some, he's just rehashed an existing storyline. To both I say enjoy it for what it is. The expression of the universe through one mans eyes and experiences that has brought us to this point.
Enjoy the show, talk it over with people, engage in conversation about what you thought and saw. This is what JMS is about. Starting dialogue where there was little in common before.
I for one will be watching it with the knowlege that I am joined by thousands if not millions of others, experiencing something old renewed again with fresh faces and places.
::bowing::

------------------
PM
"Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. There would never be another. It changed the future .. and it changed us."
--General Susan Ivanova
Sleeping In Light

*claps*

*grins* I'm VERY happy that I can finally take part in B5 history. I have been looking forward to this since when I first heard about the Rangers last year. I watched every ep of B5 in April, and then I was all depressed because I knew that there wasn't anything new B5 (I didn't know about the novels at that time). Then I heard about the Rangers through a yahoogroup, and here we are!!
smile.gif
All I'm wondering though, is where do we go from here?

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

I'll join the Ivanovas (
laugh.gif
) in saying that I too am glad to be a fan of such a great show as Babylon 5 and that I anticipate new things in the B5 universe, such as Legend of the Rangers. The B5 universe is such a wonderful thing to experience, from Sinclair to Sheridan, from Crusade to Rangers, from the Shadows to The Hand, all of it. I have been entertained by B5, made new friends just from watching the show, and have seen life in a new light because of it. I look forward to doing more of the same with Legend of the Rangers.
smile.gif

------------------
With a salad fork and a couple of purple wombats I could rule the galaxy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back