• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Movies in '04

Sinclair

Movies in \'04

Here's an article about some upcoming movies this year, including Spiderman II, another Harry Potter movie and Shrek II. The one I'm looking most forward to is Troy. That's a story I've always wanted to see on the big screen.

Re: Movies in \'04

I saw a preview for "Starsky and Hutch" starring Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson. That is probably the movie so far I am looking forward to most. It looks like it is going to be a riot. Not a TRUE remake obviously, but sort of a spoof on those 70s cop shows. From what I have seen so far, it should be a blast.

I'd like to see Troy too, but the two films I most want to see aren't even listed there. They are: Zatoichi, the Blind Swordsman, directed by Takeshi Kitano, and I'll Sleep When I'm Dead, Directed By Mike Hodges, starring Clive Owen, and Malcom McDowell. They both played at Sundance.

See this thread from back in July for the 2004 movies that I'm most looking forward to. Since it no longer looks like "Knowing" or "The Fountain" will be made this year, the one I'm most looking forward to is Terry Gilliam's "The Brothers Grimm", which I believe is now scheduled for a November release.

(Wow! I finally made it up to 4 diamonds.)

Troy is totally my cup of tea. Like with Last Samurai, I'll have to work hard to suspend my disbelief given the lead actors and enjoy the spectacle.

Can't say I'm into Starsky because I don't like Ben Stiller.

I don't like Ben Stiller.

For me Stiller is kinda like John Lovitz: funny in small doses, but wears thin in much less screen time than a lead spends on screen. Lovitz's role in A League of Their Own got it just about perfect, for my personal tolerance for him.

A couple of other movies that I'm really interested in seeing is Hidalgo and The Alamo. I saw some of the previews during the Super Bowl last night and they both look like they may be pretty good. For some reason though I think they're going to overdramatize The Alamo.

I dont know, kinda tough to over dramatize the Alamo. That is another movie I really want to see. Hidalgo...not so much.

Well, they better over dramatize it. Otherwise, we just might 'forget the Alamo.' ;) Texans would be VERY angry then.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back