• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Movies galore in '03

Sinclair

Movies galore in \'03

Here's an article that talks about many movies that will be coming out this year, from prequels to sequels and much more. I fear it will be an expensive year for me at the movie theater.

Re: Movies galore in \'03

Heh. Lots of sequels to stuff I didn't see and wasn't interested in seeing, plus lots of other stuff I'm not interested in.

Yay. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think I saw about... 3 movies in the theatre last year. No, make that 4. I don't think I'll see more than that this year either. No Harry Potter this year, so probably less. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I saw a lot of movies on that list that I'll probably go see: the Matrix sequals, X2, Daredevil, Hulk, The Return of the King, Gods and Generals, possibly T3, and some others more than likely.

I never saw Matrix so I doubt I'll see the sequels... same for X-Men... Daredevil and Hulk are also based on some American comics, right? They just don't have the same kind of meaning/significance to me than they probably do over there.

The Return of the King... hm, depends on whether I can be bothered to see The Two Towers, haven't really made up my mind on that one. Gods and Generals - I very much doubt an American Civil War film will even be released here, probably not. And T3 - that's a Terminator sequel, yes? Again - never saw any Terminator movie before and don't feel all that sad about it either.

Heh. I'm just not a big movie-fan, I guess. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Matrix is worth seeing, even if the stuff that was revolutionary at the time is no longer so.

The original Terminator is a fine piece of movie making. It was what gave James Cameron(and Aliens) and Arnold the ability to make crappy movies for huge sums of cash the rest of their lives. People keep going back hoping they capture some magic again.

If the Matrix ever shows up on TV, I'll probably try and catch it. I wasn't interested enough to go and see it in the theatre and I'm certainly not interested enough to rent - let alone buy - a video/DVD (I'm not in the habit of renting stuff, I think the one and only time I've done it was one time in 1997 or 1998).

As for Terminator - nah. Nothing I've heard about it makes me want to see it. Just not my kind of stuff.

I'm extremely picky when it comes to movies. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Well - I thought The Matrix and T2 were great movies and will certainly go to the cinema to watch the Matrix-sequels this year + T3 + of course LoTR Part 3 : The Return of the King , which I am sure will be a superb climax to a superb piece of cinematic work /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well, I'll go see the last LOTR, and probably X2. Nothing else on the list interests me. The matrix sucks. Keanu (however the hell you spell his name) Reaves couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag if his life depended on it.

I love the Coen brothers' films, so I'm looking forward to Intolerable Cruelty, even though that doesn't exactly sound like something to look forward too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There are many movies on the list I would like to see but more than likely will be relagated to "When they come out on DVD." However this is where I show my true child-like nature and my IQ drops about 50 points..Am I really the only one wanting to see Freddy Vs. Jason? I've been waiting for this one for years....

Is Gods and Generals the one with Bruce Boxleitner in it? If so I'll definately try and see it if it comes to SA.
Matrix had a really original and thought provoking concept and is well worth seeing, but I hate sequels.

Yes it is. I don't think he has much of a role. He plays Gen. James Longstreet. He's not a major player in the book, so don't expect too much of him here.

bearded_guys.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back