• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Most emotional scenes.

My favorite comes at the end of The Summoning. Everyone thinks that Sheridan is dead except For Delenn, the Alliance is falling apart at the seams, she's losing in her struggle to amass a fleet to strike at Za'ha'dum and then "he" shows up -- alive. Very powerful, very moving. Even though the scene seems understated because Sheridan and Delenn don't kiss (I think it would go against their nature to do such a thing in public) the looks that pass from Delenn to Sheridan; Lennier to Delenn; Sheridan to Delenn; and Lennier to Sheridan speaks more eloquently than any kiss could.

------------------
"Dawn's in trouble? Must be Tuesday." -- Buffy Summers, "Once More With Feeling."

Move favourite spine-tingling moments are

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Severed Dreams - The Bombing of Mars
<LI>The Long Twilight Struggle - Bombing of Narn and G'Kars speech
<LI>Interludes And Examinations - Death of Kosh scene
<LI>The Rock Cried Out No Hiding Place - The Narns killing Refa (for some reason I liked him)
[/list]

------------------
'We live for The One, We die for The One, but we don't die stupidly' - David Martel B5LR: TLADIS

Sorry people but i don't know if this point was brought up earlier on but I saw Garbaldi "coming back to life" episode last week. When Bester finally releases Garibaldi (whether it was glimmer of humanity in the bester man or not?) Everything that happened comes crashing down on Garibaldi and the anguish that finally tears him apart. Man it was heart wrenching

------------------
"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light. I come to take the place that has been prepared for me"

Sinclair's flash back in "And the Sky Full Of Stars" when he decides to ram the Minbari ship.

------------------

Personally I think the entire episode of "Sleeping in Light" was heart wrenching. I was amazed when I actually found myself crying at a TV show.

------------------
Sheridan:Are you sure we can't jump
Lennier:positive
Sheridan:Then we have a problem
Lennier:No $h!t Sherlock
Sheridan:RUN FOR IT!!!!
Downbelow Sound Archive

I rewatched Deconstruction and it was indeed a super nova that did the deed. I was wrong.

The following lines from Desconstruction:

"This is how the world ends, swallowed in fire but not in darkness... ...We created the world we think you would have wished for us..and now we leave the cradle for the last time"

The scene of B5 being destroyed was a tear jerker too, as was John leaving Delenn in the White Star during the last ep of season 5.

------------------

Babylon Squared, Z'ha'dum and Sleeping In Light. I was strucked down when watched all of them.

Regards,
TheInfection

------------------
Things change... long time gone by.

In the Beginning. I was not struck by the Presidents speech. The scene that wrenched my guts was the one where Londo narrated "and when they ran out of guns.." and you truly see the hopelessness of the situation. Plus the music. WOW

Z'Ha'Dum.
It hits me in the gut every time I watch it. When they shift from Delenn watching the Goodbye message and Sheridan jumping off the cliff. Incredible.

The Summoning.
Sheridan's reaperrance. You can really feal the relief when they noticed that he isn't dead anymore.

Sleeping in the light
The whole damn thing. The Destruction of Babylon 5. Delenn in the end, alone. Sheridans and Delenns good night (note it is not a good bye. As Delenn said in Object in Motion, there is no Minbari word for goodbye. I am fully convinced that they will hold their promise given in Confessions and Lamentations : To see eachother again in a place where no shadows fall - which would be beyond the rim. I imagine that when Delenn was dying, 80+ years after SiL she went to Corianna 6 when the end was near, and Sheridan would be waiting there for her - as lorien was waiting for him there when he went beyound the rim.)

The whole episode sleeping in light and the scene In the Beginning where the president makes her speech on earth's chances in the war

I agree with many here , Sleeping in Light.

It is so emotional , especially when Delenn and Sheridan say farewell , that I almost can`t bear watching it ..

Even when I hadn't seen half of B5 as a whole, Sleeping in Light still tore me apart. That sure is a testament to its quality /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Sleeping in Light gets me every time I watch it.

I also get kinda sappy when I watch that scene in Objects at Rest where Sheridan and Delenn leave on the Whitestar to go live on Minbar. He is looking towards the station and saluting. Inside C&C, Dr.Hobbes, Tessa Holloran, Lochley, Zack, Vir, and Ta'Lon are looking out the window at the Whitestar.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RW7427:
<font color=yellow>I also get kinda sappy when I watch that scene in Objects at Rest where Sheridan and Delenn leave on the Whitestar to go live on Minbar. He is looking towards the station and saluting. Inside C&C, Dr.Hobbes, Tessa Holloran, Lochley, Zack, Vir, and Ta'Lon are looking out the window at the Whitestar.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
I think the best part of Objects at Rest is Sheridan's recorded message to his son.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by crazy:
<font color=yellow>The entire series.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Cannot argue with that!
However when Delenn sweeps in to save the day when earth force attacks B5, goosebumps everytime!

Yeah, that's a good scene. I love how she shows the strength necessary to save the place.

Another strong Delenn scene that I love is the one in season 4 where she and Lennier go up against the Drakh. They incur heavy losses, but they go back in and kick the Drakh's butts anyway.

Excellent episode but it was also cool to see a whitestar take on a Drakh Flagship, and win! The shadows were freaky the drakh just strike me as downright scary!

Recoil, about our sun going nova in Deconstruction, I think JMS implied at the LG that someone else was messing with our star. I wonder which race it would be.

Most of my fav scenes have been mentioned already, I'd also include:
Brother Edward death in Passing Thru Gethsemane, and Theo telling Sheridan" forgiveness is indeed a hard thing"
Londo crying at Adira's poisoning in Interludes.
The look on Marcus's face as he takes the whitestar away from the fleet in Endgame.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by kin_of_zathras:
<font color=yellow>Recoil, about our sun going nova in Deconstruction, I think JMS implied at the LG that someone else was messing with our star. I wonder which race it would be.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Cut straight from the Lurkers Guide, JMS Speaks:

[*]"My personal nit is that JMS has the sun going nova in only a million years. This seems several orders of magnitude too soon for me."
Actually, the computer voice specifies that it is continuing to note atypical solar emissions...atypical meaning something unusual is going on.
And what if you, say, interfered substantially with the mass of the sun by, say, causing a series of jump points to open up *inside* the sun across several days?
You'd also substantially decrease the mass of Sol, which as I understand it, would result in the sun going nova.

No where did he ever hint that someone else messed with it. From what he says, and the way the scene goes down, there is no way you can assume anything but the fact that *WE* did that. The human in the future isn't upset at the fact he is leaving Earth. It's not a tragic scene like it would be if someone else blew it up. He in fact says "We now leave the cradle for the last time." and something about "Joining up with the others for the celebration." Believe me, if someone else blew up our sun, we wouldn't be celebrating. No, we did it ourselves, because we had evolved and it was time to move on. Perhaps to the Vorlon homeworld, but they never really say. For sure, it was time to move on past our own solar system so we could guide the younger races better, while not getting in the way. In fact, this next part from the Lurkers Guide, JMS Speaks, says exactly that as well:

[*]Did the future humans leave the galaxy as the Vorlons did?
No point in leaving the galaxy; stars go nova, it only affects the immediate vicinity (big as that is). By this point, they were in the position of the Vorlons, and now have to take their (our) place guiding the younger races, the next wave, while not getting in the way and remembering the lesson of the shadow/vorlon conflict.

It pretty much all says that we did it ourselves and that it was time to move on. If you look at all the clues, there is pretty much no other explaination that makes sense. You can bet that was JMS's intention with that scene. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back