• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

More info on Star Wars TV series'

Sinclair

More info on Star Wars TV series\'

It seems as if there are going to be two Star Wars television series', with one of them being live action and the other being an animated one.

TV shows

Many have speculated that the live action show would focus on events between Episodes III and IV, and it seems they were right.

It also says that it will focus on supporting characters from the movies. I'm curious as to who it'll focus on. I'm looking forward to seeing it. I wonder if it'll be fresh faces actorwise or if we may get someone more familiar to play any of the parts.

Re: More info on Star Wars TV series\'

I suspect that a new character is going to be introduced. The new character will star in the TV series.

Adverts for the new Star Wars are now showing on British TV.

Interesting. I like the idea of steering away from the main characters.

I like the idea. I wonder if they'll have young Han Solo in any of these. He was part of the Imperial military, was he not? If I remember correctly from things I've read.

I think I remember reading something about how Han was in the military at one point, but I don't know where I read it. I started reading the Star Wars books when Zahn's trilogy came out and I kept up for a couple years, until the books started getting a little rediculous.

I think they're actually going to do a series based around the cantina from Episode IV, Cheers-style. They'll have the recovering alcoholic bartender, the intergalactic mailman, the out of work accountant, and the smarty pants waitress. It'll be a hit!

Yeah, Han was in the Imperial Military for a while. It's part of why he knows Imperial procedures pretty well. One version has it that the law was after him and he had to get out of his home system for a while, so he joined the Imperial Academy.

I could go on, but how geekish do you want this to be?

Sinclair, check the JMS Star Trek Series thread. Colony Earht provides some pretty stunning coincidences, that make it seem likely JMS's series he was talking about not being able to pass on, might indeed be Star Wars.

There's been talk on a Star Wars board I frequent about JMS doing the show. If it is true, I think this series will be awesome. Just as long as Lucas doesn't have anything to do with it. ;)

Sinclair, check the JMS Star Trek Series thread. Colony Earht provides some pretty stunning coincidences, that make it seem likely JMS's series he was talking about not being able to pass on, might indeed be Star Wars.

I just checked out that thread. I followed it for a short time but hadn't looked at it in a while. You make a good point about those coincidences.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4484915.stm

I've moved this from the other thread, as that was going OT.

Mr Lucas told the Celebration III convention the live action TV series would be similar to Raiders of the Lost Ark spin-off The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

"Like on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, we want to write all the stories for the entire first season all at once," he said.

"I'm going to get it started, and hire the show runners and all of that, then I'll probably step away."

He said the live action series would feature stories taking place between movie episodes three and four - Revenge of the Sith and the original 1977 Star Wars movie.

So it looks like no-ones been hired, or at least not oficially...

Somewhat good news that Lucas is taking a hands-off approach to this.

Kosh, please! GEEK ON! Didn't Han Solo turn away from the Empire because of what they did to the wookies? (i.e. Chewie.) I seem to recall him finding Chewie when he was but a wee lil guy? Where the hell am I getting this? Hahaha.

You're right, Alluveal. Han did indeed leave the Imperial military to rescue Chewie (although how long would he have lasted in that system, really?). As a result Chewie has a life-debt to him, although they've probably saved each other's lives more times than they can count by now.

Rumor has it that the red stripes on Han's pants are the only remnant of his Imperial career, as they are the Corellian Bloodstripes, accorded only to the most worthy of Corellia's soldiers. Corellia being Han's home planet.

Yes, Lucas is taking a hands off approach. I still feel good that this could be what JMS will be running. As always, I could be wrong. But the exact descriptions by both JMS and GL about how they would do this series are way too identically worded. Just because GL insinuates he hasn't hired someone, doesn't mean he hasn't.

JMS would be the perfect choice, considering what the series is about and how it will have to cover 20 years of political strife and wrangling (sound familiar?).

Time, I suppose, will tell.

CE

Robert Sanchez from IESB.net has done a video interview with Timothy Zahn.

In it he talks about how he got the chance to write the "Thrawn Trilogy", a little bit about the other authors he knows, and about SW:RotS.

I'm really gald he asks TZ about the "Thrawn Trilogy" being made into movies. TZ said that he would like it if this would happen, and he believes his books would translate well into movies, but that they would have to be done as either cartoon movies, or as computer animated movies. Which I've been saying for years now, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! :)

He doesn't say it, but I gather from how he says somethings that he has been shall we say, less then impressed with the last two movies. But he seems to have higher hopes for SW:RotS.

But anywho, definitely worth a watch for any Zahn fan.

BTW FYI Robert Sanchez doesn't switch the mic back and forth quite fast enough a few times, so turn up your speakers.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back