• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Minbari phrases we'd Like to hear. :p

Re: Minbari phrases we\'d Like to hear. :p

hahaha -bester-that was funny-lol
sci'fi-smart

------------------
"I am the state"
Napoleon

M'Ba = Arrogant, useless know it all. See also: Jam'es't

Ph'an = warm, fuzzy, overly entusiastic but very friendly animal. Favored as pets for children.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Minbari phrases we\'d Like to hear. :p

Sha't'ner = despoiler of innocent women

Jam'es't = Pompous, Arrogant fool with delusions of grandeur

laugh.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.

co'llege: a phenomenon that lasts 4 years, which drains an individual of all personal monetary gain and leaves the individual mentally and partially physically drained when it's over. Then that person has to get a real job.
tongue.gif

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

Oh, c'mon Londo's Hair. Haven't you ever heard of Graduate school?
tongue.gif

------------------
"Why not? Only 1 Human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

P'Card- A boneless Minbari with a very shiny head!

Tav'Ern A Wilderness period for the male Minbari, who feel the need to enter a psychotic state as a special form of meditation, traditionally they head to the P'Ub, a specially dedicated temple where they drink B'Eer or Vod'Ka or Wis'Kee or Si'Der or Lag'er or Bitt'Er... get the picture? After this period of intense meditation, it is commonplace for the Minbari to wake up face down in the gutter in a state called D'Runk. In the latter stages of this, they pray to Valen who just happens to be infront of them, manifested as a lampost. They then make their way back home where they are welcomed back by Mrs Minbari who ceremonially beats them across the head with a Denn'Bok and loud chanting as a gesture of greeting.

The male Minbari is then sent to the D'Ogg'H'Ouse, a small room set aside for periods of reflection.

------------------
"We Live for the One. We die for the One!"

Sa'lmon = A weapon the rangers use only in extreme emergencies. It is WHAPPed across the face of an enemy who has commited the grevious offense of P'Un.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.

Br'ga: an idiot who does not give a damm about history.

------------------
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." -- Captain Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie (The Drumhead)

En'tir'prizhe-Beating a dead horse, Squeezing blood from a stone

Dhep'Spa'zhnyn-Imitation is the sincerest form of Flattery

Dabul'Yu'Bee-Someone who does not realize the value of what they have, and lets a competitor take it.

------------------
Marcus, "Well They said I was carrying around a lot of repressed anger.
Lennier, "and?"
Marcus, "I'm not repressed anymore."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> En'tir'prizhe-Beating a dead horse, Squeezing blood from a stone <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think, instead of "Blood from a stone", that one is better translated as "Squeezing widows and orphans for their last Dollar".

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back