• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Minbari Hair

ElScorcho

Regular
Okay, so everyone knows the Minbari are bald. They don't even have eyebrows. Delenn was able to grow hair by altering her genetic structure to be compatible with humans. So how do older Minbari males end up with beards?

Well, most native americans have fine heads of hair, but can't grow beards, so the Minbari just do it in reverse! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Dukhat: I'm not just the president of Hair Club for Minbari, I'm also a member!

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Just because they don't have head hair (including eyebrows), doesn't mean that the Minbari are otherwise hairless as a species. They do have eyelashes for instance. (I don't remember, do we ever see the exposed forearms of a Minbari, especially a male, in the series? What? That isn't what you were wondering? Shame on you. This isn't NC-17. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif)

No reason that some Minbari men shouldn't be able to grow beards, just as many Humans men who are totally bald can grow beards or mustaches (and tend to retain their eyebrows.) As noted there are many Human ethnic groups among whom facial hair is a rarity. The same may apply to the Minbari. Perhaps only members of certain clans or families can (or do) grow beards. And maybe there are a few odd Minbari who do sprout head-hair, and have to shave it off to fit in. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

One of two options. Either they have the Minbari equivalents of Toupes. (midlife crisis thing) or it could be the equivalent of Human nose and ear hears?

Spoiler for War Without End:

<font class="small">Spoiler:</font>
<table bgcolor="#000000" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"><tr bgcolor="#000000"><td bgcolor="#000000" id="spoiler"><font color="#000000"> They could be decendents of Valen/sinclair who had human DNA </font></td></tr></table>

Jms has replied on this very subject a couple of times:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Yes, they can grow facial hair only.

jms

[/quote]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Other Minbari have had facial hair; including Draal v1.0 and
Kalain in "Points of Departure." It's certainly not common, though.

jms

[/quote]

So judging by JMS' info, it seems that facial hair can be grown(although it's not very common) by purebred Minbari.

It could be a sign of statis perhaps, only high ranking or respected males grew them..Duhkat grew one because he was the head of the grey council, Lennon was head of the rangers and Kalain was in command of the Trigati i think...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back