• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Mike Vejar to direct (plus other news)

AntonyF

Administrator
Staff member
I've updated the front page of www.B5lR.com with some news. The first is that B5 and Trek veteran Mike Vejar is going to direct the telemovie! The second is the date that principle photography will start, and where it'll be filmed! For the news pop along to the front page at: http://www.B5LR.com

------------------
Star_TrekMISC261580.jpg
<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

Hrm...know any information about casting calls, or the extra casting agency? Or can you find out this information?
smile.gif

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

I like Vejar's work, so this is great news. He directed In the Beginning, the one B5 movie I can watch over & over.

Tammy

------------------

Nope... but I read today, rumor only, that as B5 star was up for a role in Trek Series V!

------------------
Star_TrekMISC261580.jpg
<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

Interesting. Who?

I heard that Scott Bakula was up for the lead in the new ST series.
smile.gif
Weird...Sam Beckett being the Capt. of a starship...that's just crazy.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

I'm very glad to hear this, as Mike Vejar annd Janet Greek (and David J. Eagle, to boot) were on my short-list of potential directors to helm the new telefilm...and they are up there too if--no, WHEN--the Telepath War feature film gets made.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Sam Beckett being the Capt. of a starship...that's just crazy. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any more weird than Hercules as capt of a Starship? Also, not everyone watched QL - so that has no bearing on me.

To be honest, the thing that I know Scott Bakula most for personally was the Gung Ho TV series. He had the Michael Keaton role. I have that on tape still; but it's on Beta.

------------------
Joe Siegler
Webmaster - 3D Realms

War Without End was IMO one of the alltime greats, so it's good to see him in the director's chair one again.

------------------

Plus, let us all not forget "In the Beginning," one of the singular masterpieces of the "Babylon 5" saga, as well as "Comes the Inquisitor," "Messages From Earth," "No Surrender, No Retreat," the "A Call to Arms" telefilm, and many, many others.

As far as choice helmers are concerned, JMS selected on of the very best there is.

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

Back