• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Midnight Nation TPB shipping 1/15/2003

Midnight Nation was my first introduction to comics, I now read Spidy along with Rising Star. All of these are great, and JMS is so good at bringing out the character and making you feel what they feel. Up till MN I had never thought much about comics, reading these really changed my option. If you have never read comics, I would suggest getting MN and checking it out.

Cerberus

I am really looking forward to reading this title all in one run.

Jan.16.2003
<font color="orange">my buddy thinks he saw you at golden age today (wed). did he?

Yup. I went in to pick up some copies of the Midnight Nation graphic novel, which hit stores that day, and they asked me to sign what was left.

Read the thing over last night, and I'm really very, very proud of it. I've never previously read it straight through like that. One interesting thing, when I picked up the book, I hadn't known they were goin to omit the front covers in between issues...meaning, usually you hit the end of issue one, there's a cover/title page for issue two, so you know there's a transition. Here, they ran it straight together, with the cover pages as a bonus at the end.

When I saw this, my heart skipped a beat for a second, because I wasn't sure if it would play that way, if the jump from one issue to the next without any kind of warning would look jarring or confusing. So I went through the whole book, page by page, issue by issue, and sonuvagun, it all lines up fine even without the transitional pages. I was actually kind of surprised, because even though they were written as an ongoing series, they weren't *intended* to go up against one another that tightly.

So yeah, I was there, and yeah, I am most pleased.</font color>

Midnight Nation, is really good. Not only is his writing excellent but the art by Gary Frank is awesome. Amazing Spiderman is good as well. Rising stars is good but it suffers from lateness problems, (Months and Monts between issues) and artist problems. I can't wait to see him write Doctor Strange and Squadren Supreme.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back