• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Marcus

Firstly, wrong forum /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif.

Secondly, I beleive jms wrote 'Time, Space and the Incurable Romantic' specifically to kill of demands for Marcus to be brought back (I think they started to get annoying).

HTH.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Nukemall:
<font color=yellow>Firstly, wrong forum /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
I agree. Moving it to the B5 forum. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I think Nukemall covered it pretty well for you. Spoiler from the short story:
<font class="small">Spoiler:</font>
<table bgcolor="#000000" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"><tr bgcolor="#000000"><td bgcolor="#000000" id="spoiler"><font color="#000000">JMS kind of made a joke out of it. Marcus was gone, gone for good, and some of the fans kept bugging him with "can't you just bring Marcus back somehow?" .

So he did. But so far in the future and far enough from the main B5 storyline that we'd never see him again.</font></td></tr></table>

I never read the story myself, but IIRC this was the gist of it. I'm leaving out a lot.

He also did it in a way, that if you chose to take it as cannon, you could, but you didnt have to. I prefer to just think he was gone and never revived. I wasnt one crying for his return. He was probably my favorite character, but I think his passing was a perfect fit with who he was and done properly. I also dont think that "cryo" tube was there to tell the viewers that there is a chance he can come back. I think it was put there to show one last time at Ivanova's refusal to emotionally let go.

I loved Marcus, but I don't think he, or any other dead character for that matter, should be brought back. Once they're dead they're dead. Bringing them back defeats the purpose of ever killing them off. It would just be so damn cheap.

I read that short dtory and I found it a little strange, but fascinating. Too bad I don't think I can find the copy of Amazing Stories that it was in.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back