• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Marcus Cole = Yanni?

That's funny!!

BTW, which one is which? /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif

j/k /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kribu:
<font color=yellow>Stupid question, but who is Yanni (except for him being a moustached male)?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

A great musicion.......orchestoral pieces.......lol, I'm not sure quite what he does.....but I love that song with all those female voices in it

(did you know that he can't read or write music - just play it)

I always thought he would make a good Jesus (in looks i mean lol)

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by superbob:
<font color=yellow>Damn, now I'm going to giggle my butt off whenever I see Mr cole in B5!</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Great, now whenever I see Marcus I'll expect him to take out a Pan flute and start playing. /ubbthreads/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Glad I could be of service to you all! /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Kribu: Yanni is a "New Age" musician. To put that in simpler terms...Chick Music.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Recoil:
<font color=yellow>Kribu: Yanni is a "New Age" musician. To put that in simpler terms...Chick Music.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
I have a feeling that as a "chick", I should take offense to that. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif
Now that I think of it, I have seen the name before. Usually in not-so-positive context, for some reason. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

But they do look kind of similar. I guess it's just the long dark hair and the moustache though, they wouldn't look quite the same without those.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:
<font color=yellow>Think doctor's office waiting room.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
rofl! That is about as perfect of an analogy as you can make. I totally heard his kind of music when I was at the dentist getting my root canal. Talk about pain on all fronts.

Recoil, you do know that the second picture is very scary and should never been seen in public again, right?. I'm with Kribu on this one. I have no idea who that Yanni guy is and I've never heard of him. I really don't think the two pictures look that much alike. They both have long hair and that's about it.

The mighty GKarsEye in action:
A buddy, two hot blondes, and myself attending an Aerosmith concert. I have a couple of drinks (and perhapts other recreational chemical amusement substances?) before the show. As Aerosmith hits the stage, I start yelling, "Yanni rules!!" and proceeded to repeat that every so often. I don't know why. Some were amused. Most were not, including the two blondes. Hot chicks, but no fucking sense of humor.

Suffice it to say, I slept alone that night. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

One guy I used to know is a huge heavy metal fan. I mean, this guy is into Meshuggah, Death, King Diamond, the craziest nastiest shit you can imagine. One day I discover him listening to Yanni. That became the source of much amusement.

Yanni impresses people by using lots of Big Chords on the keyboards and has his musicians play a lot of scales. He's about as bold and exciting as a musician as John Tesh.

That's funny! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

I've only heard bits and pieces of Yanni's music, so I'm sure that I can speculate as to whether Marcus would've liked it or not. But they do look somewhat alike. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Originally posted by Recoil:
<font color=yellow>Kribu: Yanni is a "New Age" musician. To put that in simpler terms...Chick Music.</font color=yellow>

*kicks Recoil*

I am a "chick" but all new-age music irritates me ... except for Enya. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif Yanni = Yuk. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back