• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lyta and them wacky Vorlons

GKarsEye

Regular
So why exactly do the Koshes hang out in side Lyta's body? Ya know, there are those scenese where we see the Koshes swimming out of Lyta's orifices into his encounter suit. What's the deal with it? Why do they do that? Is it so they can walk around the station without being noticed?

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

I think Lyta's job is more to carry them off the station, leting them be in several places at once without anyone knowing.

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison quoting Gustave Flaubert

drakh@spamcop.net

Drakh is right. Carrying Kosh around was Lyta's real job for the Vorlons.

It allowed him to go places undetected.
Encounter suits ARE rather conspicuous.
tongue.gif

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

Re: NC-17, Pat Tallman said her most embarrassing line was having to say to the inconsiderate Kosh Ulkesh, "You didn't have to pull out of me so hard!"

------------------
By Grabthar's Hammer!
By the Suns of Worvan!
You Shall BE AVENGED!
~Doctor Lazarus, Galaxy Quest episode 52, "Today is the Tomorrow of Our Yesterdays"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Encounter suits ARE rather conspicuous.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, you can always use camouflage. Simply disguise yourself as a moving jukebox or garbage container.
tongue.gif

But again, that might not be the best way to sneak in to formal occasions.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited November 09, 2001).]

What were Lyta and Kosh doing on the other planets? Spying? 'Reprogramming' the rulers? Mobilising the military? Or possibly the telepaths?
crazy.gif

------------------
Andrew Swallow

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> What were Lyta and Kosh doing on the other planets? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They were ... Efficient!

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
So why exactly do the Koshes hang out in side Lyta's body?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, .... there's a very Farscape/Aeryn/John Crichton-ish answer here, but it's best left for the NC-17 area. I trust you get my meaning???
laugh.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Ah ok because this topic involve's Lyta and Vorlons I wanna ask this question.

At some time in babylon 5 does somone say somthing like "Lyta had a little Vorlon..."?

Those words keep flashing in my brain and I can't think from where, I assume a B5 episode but anyone know which one or in what context it was used?

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> At some time in babylon 5 does somone say somthing like "Lyta had a little Vorlon..."? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. It's in the ep Racing Mars. That's the code words Captain Jack uses to tell Franklin and Marcus that he's their contact. I forget the exact quote, it's a bit longer.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Yes, after tempting Franklin with instant soup... and being warned by Marcus about the "rahther large dragon" on their side of the cargo hold...
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

After that, Captain Jack recited something like:

"Lyta had a little Vorlon
its skin was pale as snow
and everywhere where Lyta went
the Vorlon was sure to go."

And what Lyta hears and sees the vorlon would also, great if you are into spying and observing which most probably shes was doing....

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazybillyo:
Yes. It's in the ep Racing Mars. That's the code words Captain Jack uses to tell Franklin and Marcus that he's their contact. I forget the exact quote, it's a bit longer.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah thats where it is thankyou..I rewatched that last night and yup memory refreshed
smile.gif

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lennier:
After that, Captain Jack recited something like:

"Lyta had a little Vorlon
its skin was pale as snow
and everywhere where Lyta went
the Vorlon was sure to go."
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't it "her skin was pale as snow"?

After all, Lyta is filmed to look very, very pale. Like "Boo" Radley in "To Kill A Mockingbird".

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

"I think I speak for Mr. Bloom and myself when I say: you are the only director in the World who can do justice to 'Springtime For Hitler' " - Zero Mostel, The Producers

Lyta had a little Vorlon
Her skin was pale as snow
And everywhere that Lyta went
Her Vorlon was sure to go.

Yeah the Vorlons pretty much used her so they could break of pieces of themselves and travel in her mind without being seen or detected.

------------------
The Whitestar Salad Bar, the galaxy's best place for parties.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> After all, Lyta is filmed to look very, very pale. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

She IS a real Redhead. They are pale.
It's got a lot to do with the tendency to sunburn in 5 minutes it they spend too much time in the sun.
I've dated a redhead.
They can be volatile creatures at times.
Trust me, you don't want to deal with one who is also in pain from a Sunburn.

You will know Fear.
You will know Pain.
Your chances of surviving the experience are about 50/50.
But only because the effort of killing you makes the pain from the sunburn worse.

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back