• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lurkers Guide

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Do any of the lurkers guides still work thata re in English? If so, what is the URL?
Cricket

------------------

Heh,

The Austrialian one went down too. I found a greek one, and the main episode guide is in english, but I think that is because I have the page cached. The rest is all greek. Where are these lurkers guides going?
frown.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by starlord:
The orginal midwinter sites seems to have been down for quite sometime. But the GA site seems to be somewhat working. But many of the links don't seem to work.
http://www.dscga.com/lurk/lurker.html

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just have to go in through the Reference button:
http://www.dscga.com/lurk/reference/episodes.html

No big deal.
smile.gif
If you want to get the show dates (something that would have been on the Lurker's Episode Guide, which isn't working), you can get that from Sandy Bruckner's newsletter:

THE ZOCALO TODAY – November 17, 2001
BABYLON 5 SCHEDULE AT SCIFI

Nov. 19 Voices of Authority
Nov. 20 Dust to Dust
Nov. 21 Exogenesis
Nov. 26 Message from Earth
Nov. 27 Point of No Return
Nov. 28 Severed Dreams
Nov. 29 Ceremonies of Light and Dark
Dec. 3 Sic Transit Vir
Dec. 4 A Late Delivery from Avalon
Dec. 5 Ship of Tears
Dec. 6 Interludes and Examinations

or at ISN News:
http://www.isnnews.net/index.shtml

SCI-FI SCHEDULE
BABYLON 5's Schedule: 7pm each evening:

Air Date Title

Nov. 20 Dust to Dust
Nov. 21 Exogenesis
Nov. 26 Message from Earth
Nov. 27 Point of No Return
Nov. 28 Severed Dreams
Nov. 29 Ceremonies of Light and Dark

Dec. 3 Sic Transit Vir
Dec. 4 A Late Delivery from Avalon
Dec. 5 Ship of Tears
Dec. 6 Interludes and Examinations

Dec. 10 War Without End - Part 1
Dec. 11 War Without End - Part 2
Dec. 12 Walkabout
Dec. 13 Grey 17 Is Missing

Dec. 17 And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place
Dec. 18 Shadow Dancing
Dec. 19 Z'Ha'Dum
Dec. 20 The Hour of the Wolf

Dec. 26 Whatever Happened to Mr. Garibaldi?
Dec. 27 The Summoning

Hope this helps.
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel. http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited November 20, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
You just have to go in through the Reference button:
http://www.dscga.com/lurk/reference/episodes.html

No big deal.
smile.gif
If you want to get the show dates (something that would have been on the Lurker's Episode Guide, which isn't working), you can get that from Sandy Bruckner's newsletter:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. It is getting to be a real puzzle figuring out how to get into what is left of the Lurkers Guide.

I hope it can come back someday.

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

"I think I speak for Mr. Bloom and myself when I say: you are the only director in the World who can do justice to 'Springtime For Hitler' " - Zero Mostel, The Producers

Steve Grimm, who maintains the Lurker's Guide website, posted this on the B5 newsgroup:

"A lot of people have asked, so I figured I'd post an update to let everyone in on the continuing sad saga of www.midwinter.com.

Short version: the server has vanished along with the backups, and nobody I've talked to seems to be quite sure where it is right now.

Longer version: Midwinter had an arrangement with the online arm of a big media company (no, not SCI FI) where we were able to use some of their hardware to host our Web site as payment for some work we'd done for them. Well, said online arm has more or less folded, laid off most of its staff including all of my contacts, and gathered up the equipment that was in their cage at the colocation ISP. What they've done with said equipment or their backup tapes, I haven't been able to discover yet. Note to self: Backups are only useful if you can get at them.

One of my contacts was on vacation when all this happened, and it had been my hope early on that when he got back he'd be able to at least get me access to the machine for long enough to copy everything off. Hence my initial message about the site likely returning within a couple weeks. But obviously that wasn't how things played out.

Obviously as time passes the chance of getting any access to the files grows smaller and smaller, so it's entirely possible that I'll be looking for a new home for www.midwinter.com soon. The good news is that the mirror sites, broken though some of them currently are, still exist and once www.midwinter.com is up again in some form, it should be no big deal to resurrect the Guide.

ncidentally, since a couple people have asked, mail to midwinter.com is unaffected by all this; it goes to a completely different machine unrelated to the Web site.

Hope that satisfies everyone's curiosity. As things develop I'll post updates. What fun...

-Steve"

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back