• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lurker's Guide

wipster

Lurker\'s Guide

Long time lurker, third time poster...(subtle Bob and Tome reference!).

Hey, is it just me and my ISP or is everyone having a tough time bringing up the Lurker's Guide to B5? It's been like my bible and I have often referred to it for certain quotes (in this case, I'm after what Delenn and Lennier said about the soul in "Passing Through Gethsemane"). Recently however, I haven't be able to get it up (the page...nasty people anyway). Am I all alone in this or have others had difficulty as well?

Thanks,

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

Re: Lurker\'s Guide

Yeah, I think they took the US site down. However, you can get the Australian mirror site(exaclty the same)
http://babylon5.cybersite.com.au/lurk/lurker.html

------------------
We're all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars, molecules that do not understand politics, policies and differences. In a billion years we, foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. Desperate acts of ego. We give ourselves names, fight over lines on maps. And pretend our light is better than everyone else's. The flame reminds us of the piece of those stars that live inside us. A spark that tells us: you should know better. The flame also reminds us that life is precious, as each flame is unique. When it goes out, it's gone forever. And there will never be another quite like it

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wipster:
Hey, is it just me and my ISP or is everyone having a tough time bringing up the Lurker's Guide to B5?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is not just you ... the main site has been down for a few months now.
frown.gif
Here are are few links to the moderated newsgroup that has more information and where to find it now:

A quick overview of where to go

Summary from the site owner

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Seattle, WA | Send a Warm Fuzzy!
They knocked down two tall towers. Graft now their echo onto your spine. Become girders and glass, stone and steel, so that when the world sees you, it sees them. And stand tall. Stand tall. --JMS (Amazing Spider-Man #36)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I do have the artwork preloaded, but when you can't connect to begin with, it doesn't help much...

Well, time to start reading the B5 bible again!

p.s., Antony, great job with this site! It's now THE site I go to for all things B5 since the demise of the About.com site...you've got it all over the scifi site (plus no Trox...LOL!) and I notice Joe D posts here as well...most excellent!
cool.gif

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back