• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lost in Translation (spoilers)

Sinclair

A friend kept telling me how much I'd like this movie, so I borrowed his copy of it and watched it. It was a great movie, one of the best ones I've seen recently. Bill Murray does a great a job as always, mixing humor and drama together excellently. Sofia Coppola did a great job putting it together.

I ended up buying this movie the day I watched my friend's copy. Bill Murray has alwalys been one of my favorite actors. From Stripes and Caddyshack, to Ghostbusters, Groundhog's Day, Rushmore, and The Royal Tenenbaums, to Lost in Translation, he never manages to disappoint. He's a genius in my book.

That girl that plays Charlotte is great and I'm sure she's going to have a big future in store for her. Giovanni Ribisi is great too, though we don't see an awful lot of him. That chick that plays the model/movie star is pretty hot.

Anyone else seen this movie? If not, I highly recommend it.

That girl that plays Charlotte is great and I'm sure she's going to have a big future in store for her.

Scarlette Johanssen, and I'm hopelessy in love with her.

She was also in the alterna-hip cinematic treatise on friendship, small towns, and growing up, Ghost World as well as in the Coen Brother's film noir revival flick The Man Who Wasn't There, starring Billy Bob Thorton. Both are great films.

Her latest is Girl with the Peal Earing, which has something to do with art. I've read mixed things, but I think it's worth a look.

Lost in Translation was the most pleasant cinematic surprise of 2003. Bill Murray's performance made me think back on his career and it woke me up to just how good he is, both as a comic and an actor. His stone-faced intellectual but kinda-evil demeanor in Rushmore is perfect. And, of course, Peter Venkman.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back