• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lord of the Rings and Crusade (Spoilers)

Cern

Regular
i just started reading Fellowship of the Rings. I figured I should read it before seeing the movie. Anyway, i am a little familiar with the story, I had seen the animated musical versions already, and I noticed a few similarities with Crusade.

1 Frodo's sword Sting glows when Evil is near. I read in an unfilmed ep of Crusade that

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> Dureena aquires a sword that reacts strangly when Gideon is around...and of course Gideon is using the A-Box</font></td></tr></table>

2 The Apocalypse Box seems to act a little like

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> The One Ring. it has a mind of its own, just like the Box...it can choose who will "own" it </font></td></tr></table>

So...does this mean that the Box is trying to

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> get back to its master, and then scary end of the world things would occur? </font></td></tr></table>

------------------
Never start a fight, but ALWAYS finish it.

" The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate for the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We can not escape history. We will be remembered, in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose our last best hope."

[This message has been edited by Cern (edited November 12, 2001).]

You don't want to go down this road.
That way leads only to futile arguments and is-so-is-not shouting matches.

Lets just say that JMS was asked this same question about Babylon 5.
He said NO!

JMS used a lot of the same "Archetypes" as Rings.
It's impossible to write an epic adventure without them.
B5 & Crusade take their inspirations from much further back in History.
The Name "Babylon" is deliberate. It's a Clue.

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

Hey, I'm just happy I got the spoiler box thingies to work.

And i thought going down that road led to scary carnival death...

------------------
Never start a fight, but ALWAYS finish it.

" The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate for the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We can not escape history. We will be remembered, in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose our last best hope."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back