• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Liandra Finished!

Andy

Okay, I've got the Liandra all textured and have some quick shots. Sorry, no dynamic scenes yet as its 1:00AM and I want to go to sleep now.

Here are the pics.

Liandra1.jpg

Liandra2.jpg

Liandra3.jpg

Liandra4.jpg

Pfft! I could do that. Just joking! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I wouldn't be able to do that in a million years. It's amazing! Great work.

Very nice, but didn't the Liandra have more of a metallic sheen to it's surface? It seemed to definitely have some specularity.

You're probably right about that. I might play around with either the textures or hull properties later as I don't know much about scene renders and the more advanced stuff in regards to Lightwave.

Sweet, are you releasing the model? It'd be very easy to make the textures work better:

- Change specular glossiness (don't know why but in my 5.6 low is maximum, and maximum is low)
- Increase specular level to around 50%
- Take the textures, create a black/white contrast version of them, then use them as a specular map.
- Then just make a bump map to give the surface more 'weight'.

Beautiful job! There are quite a few artists out there who would love to get a copy of that, I'm sure.... just make sure you get the credit for it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hey andy, please tell me you're releasing that to public use, i would love to make some images and short vid clips with that. I've wanted to get into LotR fan-vids for awhile, but don't have any of the meshes, and you're the only one i know that's finished a copy of the liandra yet.

Please please let me have it /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

and you think you might start on the snow-flakes any time soon?

He's not the only one that did a Liandra mesh. I'll dig the other thread up for ya... it's in the General discussion forum. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

oh, well he's the only one i've seen that's completed one, while i know of at least one other on another boards whose begun making one (in 3DS MAX though)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back