• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Legend of the Rangers wishlist...

Well, I'd like to see some of Ivanova, G'Kar, and Lyta after they leave B5, some of the Crusade story being incorperated into the Ranger story, and the involvement of Delenn and Sheridan.
smile.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

My wish for Rangers here in the UK?

I just want to see it
shocked.gif
mad.gif
shocked.gif

For the rest, yes, I do want to find out what happenned to Ivanova, Lyta and the others. As Bilbo (or was it Frodo?) said, 'The adventure never ends.' These people are still at large in the universe and it is quite pausible that they would cross paths with our heros occasionaly.

My personal ultimate wish? A Marcus appearance: dreams, flashbacks or ghost.
lol.gif

------------------
Ranger Elenopa

"You can get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you can with just a kind word"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Godkiller:
does anyone know the borders and bounderies of the known worlds and empires of babylon 5 in relation to the size and scale of the galaxy?

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> in season 3, wasnt it in season 3, morden presented londo with a map or the galaxy devided in two. but at other times in the background we saw maps of the galaxy, mostly in the background, that portrayed known space as a small portion of the galaxy as a whole. </font></td></tr></table>

so can anyone offer any additional information?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From Voltayres Encyclopedia Xenobiologica
(don't know how "canon" these are):

Galactic_Map01.jpg

Homeworld_Map.JPG

I thought Sol was ~2/3rds out from the center, in one of the spiral arms.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US). http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited December 27, 2001).]

The following concepts listed above have been explored in the trilogies and short stories:

Aftermath of Centauri conflict and rise of Vir Cotto:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> Dealt with in Centauri Prime trilogy, and the bulk of the building up and subsequent action occurs years later, nearer to Sleeping in Light on the timeline. I don't remember the Rangers appearing in it because Vir avoided help from outsiders except for the mages. But there's no reason Vir couldn't show up once in a while. </font></td></tr></table>

Valen flashbacks:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> The last DC Comics miniseries "In Valen's Name" had a lot of this, including a major revelation regarding Sakai. </font></td></tr></table>

On TV it would be difficult because of the need to get

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> Michael O'Hare (does anyone really not know he was Valen? Come on, it's revealed in the first five minutes of The Gathering, though it wasn't originally.) </font></td></tr></table>

back. Judging from his IMDB entry, he retired following his last appearance on B5. Then again, Andreas Katsulas retired after B5 wrapped too.

As a side note, about chrysalises (chrysales? chrysali?):

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> We know Delenn's chrysalis was made using Vorlon technology. Mage chrysalises derive from Shadow technology. Is there any connection between the two other than the name? </font></td></tr></table>

Lyta's life following B5 was touched upon a very little bit in one of the stories Joe did for Amazing Stories before it went under, a neat Lyta/G'Kar travelogue kind of thing. I think it was called Genius Loci or Genus Loci. Standalone, no spoilers per se, but at least you get a feel for where her head was at between the events of the fifth season and the teep war. One of the stories in the British B5 magazine dealt with more arc-related events involving Lyta and Garibaldi, but still seems to be just barely pre-teep-war from the descriptions I've seen. Of course,

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> Lyta was supposed to appear in one episode of Crusade as well, so it isn't a given that she couldn't still be alive after all. </font></td></tr></table>

Ivanova's life post-Season-4:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> The short story Hidden Agendas, which only appeared in the British B5 magazine, has Ivanova returning to B5 in early Season 5. Her appearance ties in ominously with some of the stuff dealt with in the unproduced Crusade episodes and the mage trilogy. A neat (or creepy) coda to her life is depicted in the Marcus story below.</font></td></tr></table>

Marcus:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> Dealt with ultimately in the short story "Space Time and the Incurable Romantic", also from Amazing Stories. This is one of those "set the cat among the pigeons" stories according to Joe, and I agree. It is kind of a bummer to find that he was never resuscitated within the B5 timeline, but a very romantic (or again, creepy) resolution to his relationship with Susan. </font></td></tr></table>

Really, here are the unresolved threads I can see from what's already out there which could be addressed in the 2265 timeframe (just sticking to main characters in the show and novels):

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>
What happened to Bester during the gap between the second and third teep novels?
Are the mages really doomed to extinction?
To what extent is Earthforce still beholden to Shadow interests?
How did Sakai come to be sent back in time to see Sinclair/Valen? (But I assume this took place behind the scenes prior to Into the Fire.)
Does Zack EVER get laid? (Um, never mind...)
Whatever happened to Lennier? (He's sometimes referred to as having died during the teep war, sometimes not. Being that he was pretty connected with the Rangers, though...)
Did the Vorlons have minions like the Drakh were to the Shadows? (just me wondering, it never came up during the series AFAIK)
What is an apocalypse box and who has one before Gideon?
What were the Drakh up to between the events of The Fall of Centauri Prime and A Call to Arms?
What is WITH Lochley, already? (Er, sorry...)
</font></td></tr></table>

And of course the threads that become available after the pilot airs, involving this new race we never hear about in flash forward episodes, and the politics of Rangers.

I know this seems a little obsessive, but it's a tribute to Joe's eye for continuity that there are so few threads to pick at.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by raindog:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> We know Delenn's chrysalis was made using Vorlon technology. Mage chrysalises derive from Shadow technology. Is there any connection between the two other than the name? </font></td></tr></table>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um I do not think that is so. Below is spoiler of where it came from.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> No the chrysalis Delenn used was not Vorlon tech it was made on the planet where the great machine hangs out. Sinclair also got it from the great machine he brought it back 1000 in time and used it to turn him into Valen. Then it was a Minbari holy artifact and the Minbari kept them safe until Delenn used one to turn her half human. remeber there where 3 triluminaries. </font></td></tr></table>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>

Really, here are the unresolved threads I can see from what's already out there which could be addressed in the 2265 timeframe (just sticking to main characters in the show and novels):

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>

How did Sakai come to be sent back in time to see Sinclair/Valen? (But I assume this took place behind the scenes prior to Into the Fire.)

</font></td></tr></table>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

About catherine Sakai

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> Ok yes Catherine Sakai did go back in time before "Into the Fire". She went back in time before Sinclair did, that is one of the reasons why he wanted to go back in time to find Sakai. The story of how Sakai went back in time is told in the book "to dream in the city of sorrows"(I beleive it is written by JMS's wife). </font></td></tr></table>

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

something that always interested me is wether the vorlons had minions like the shadows' Drahk, Streib, Wurt, Taratimude technomages, ect. i dont really think the Mimbari and the other races influenced by the vorlons count as minions, more as allies. while the Mimbari are possibly the closest thing to minions of the vorlons that we've seen i dont think they quite count as such, they're more like allies.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> the shadows influenced the Centauri and the Humans (as did the vorlons influence the humans) and made alliances with some of the non-alligned world before they joined Sheridan and fought the Shadows. The shadows infiltrated psi corp and made some kind of alliance behind the scenes with Clark's regime. </font></td></tr></table>

these are all similar to the influence and tampering and alliances typical of the vorlons, so it stands to reason that the vorlons also had minions or servants who lived with them and did their bidding. this has interested me for some time and i think it would be great if Rangers touched on this and revealed the pressence of any Vorlon "minions". after all...

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> the vorlons said that the young races could not go to the vorlon homeworld for a million years, they said nothing about exploring vorlon space. with the revelation of at least one first one race still out there (ie: the hand) i think it would be interesting for the rangers to journey into former Vorlon space and perhaps encounter these minions on some abandoned planet or mounting a fleet of some kind...</font></td></tr></table>

...it would give us a chance to understand the vorlons better, i never did, and give us a little more variation in the aliens encountered, something a little more exotic. anyways, i just think it would be interesting to see...

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Godkiller:
something that always interested me is wether the vorlons had minions like the shadows' Drahk, Streib, Wurt, Taratimude technomages, ect
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmn well I assume that they did ,can't remeber from where....Oh I remeber in the babylon 5 episode "here comes the inquisiter". kosh brough that Sebastian to test Sheridan and Delenn..he minion
laugh.gif

I am sure there are others I just cannot remeber at this time.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

I had completely forgotten about City of Sorrows; that and the Cavelos book were the only two standalone B5 novels that I think are worth anything, but it's been years since I read it. I should pull it out again now that B5 is kind of coming back to life a little. (The Cavelos one is kind of fresh in my memory since she extended upon it greatly in her technomage trilogy.)

I had always assumed that the Great Machine had been made by the Vorlons; I guess that's another one of those unresolved threads though it doesn't seem that important anymore. ("Whatever happened to Draal?" might be another one, though.) Maybe the Great Machine was

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> the Vorlon equivalent to the mages and their places of power. </font></td></tr></table>

------------------

Vorlons work more directly, imparting how they want things done directly on races like the Minbari, than the Shadows.

The Vorlons do have underlings which they are not necessarily tying to better although they seem be small sections of races rather than races as a whole. I would argue that you merely need to look at the planet below the station to see what I mean.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

Actually, one of the short stories from B5 Magazine

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> sort of shows us "Vorlon minions".

If I understood the plot summary of The Nautilus Coil correctly, we meet barely sentient teep humanoids, made out of the ancestors of various races, who are programmed to follow Vorlons, which is exploited by a unique teep. This fits both the "teeps are minions" and "Vorlons prefer more direct manipulation" arguments. </font></td></tr></table>

------------------

nonetheless, it could be interesting to see the Liandra exploring worlds formerly inhabited by the vorlons. personally i would like to see, in a flashback of course, the shadow base Zha'dam. Cavelos description of the base is quite fascinating. or perhaps the other worlds occupied by the Shadows in the technomage trilogy. as a sidethought, i never did understand why Galen never did guide the Excalibur to any of those worlds in search of a cure...

------------------
Who do you Serve and Who do you Trust?

Gideon could not take his ship to either of the home planets. Z'Ha'Dum was destroyed by Lyta in "Epipanies" and the ex-Vorlon Empire is still protected by its automatic defence system. For the next 1,000,000 years all ships going into Vorlon space will be destroyed.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

i was not refering to the shadow homeworld of Z'ha'dum,

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> but rather to the many bases and colonies established by the shadows, like Thenokt (spelling?), the terraformed worlds. as of now it is unknown if the Drahk still inhabit those worlds or not. i think it would be an interesting way to bring them into the story without undermining A Call to Arms, and perhaps we would learn something about them as well. The Drahk never struck me as being much of a threat on a large scale after the events of A Call to Arms and the destruction of their primary weapon. </font></td></tr></table>

perhaps by fleshing the Drahk out as a character they may become more menacing villains in the B5 universe. regardless of automated defense systems, someone is bound to attempt an expedition into vorlon space. the minbari and centauri did. besides, i thought only the vorlon homeworld was off limits...

{edited to add [ to your spoiler tag)
------------------
Who do you Serve and Who do you Trust?

[This message has been edited by Deviot (edited December 31, 2001).]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back