• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lawless Joins Galactica Cast

vacantlook

Super Moderator
I just read this and think it's cool. I liked her character, what little we saw of it so far this season.

Lawless Joins Galactica Cast

SCI FI Channel announced that Lucy Lawless joins the cast of its original series Battlestar Galactica in the upcoming third season. Lawless will become a recurring cast member, reprising her role as D'Anna Biers in a 10-episode arc. The third season begins production in Vancouver, Canada, in April.

Cool.

Opinions on Friday's ep?

SPOILERS, DUH

Was good but also felt like it covered the same ground as before. I think the writer's felt that the Pegasus plot was so, well, plot-heavy that they decided to do two character eps, one with Apollo (last week) and one with Starbuck (this week).

To the show's credit, I really thought Kat might have bought it.

SPOILERS

s

p

a

c

e

I experienced an oddly (for my experience with this show) large degree of ambivalence and boredom with the episode last week featuring Apollo and the black market. I'm not sure what it was about that episode, but it felt too fillery to me.

This week's Starbuck special was better, but as you said, it did also have a feeling of been here before. Since the beginning of the second part of this season, I've been expecting Kat to get blown up, but I'm kinda glad it didn't happen. I ended up enjoying her character a lot in this past week's episode.

I dig Kat. She ghetto.

The Apollo ep was weird for me because it was the first ep I watched the week it was actually aired. I was playing catch-up before that. So I was watching "old" eps in 3-hr bursts of relatively linear plot movement and then I turn this Black Market thing on and I'm wondering if I missed something.

But the ep feels better as part of the greater whole when I accept it for what it is.

The key thng about these two eps is that, at least for now, the show has stopped being a Babylon 5-season-4 style story arc thing and is settling down into an almost standalone-ish situation drama.

I suspect that Moore & Co. are doing exactly what JMS tried to do at the start of each B5 season (S4 excepted for obvious reasons) - start off with some more stand-alone stuff that maybe laid in some of the backstory so that new folks casually sampling the show wouldn't get lost in the intricacies of the arc and yet still get a sense of what the show is about.

Regards,

Joe

I thought it was complete tosh. It was just so blatant in trying to tell the viewer what Starbuck was going through that it hurt. No subtelty, no build up to this... very poor indeed.

But Helo looked DAMNED fine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back