• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Latest News on Jeremiah from JMS

Lyta

Not really sure where to post this and not sure how many people care ... but here goes.

Someone posted a question about why they have not seen Jeremiah listed on Showtime's schedule. JMS replied on Dec 5th, 2001:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>The situation we've encountered is the same encountered by a number of TV series and movies post -September 11th. The show deals with a post-apocalyptic environment after a virus has wiped out about six billion people...which may (or may not) be a sensitive issue in the eyes of potential viewers. So the powers that be are gauging when it might be safe to go forward with it; we expect to know something in the next couple of weeks since they have to start making up their schedules soon.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Monica Hübinette | http://monica.hubbe.net/ | The Abyss : B5 | Seattle, WA
It is an infinite helix, the dance of two souls resonating, like the twist of DNA, like the vast universe. --Banana Yoshimoto (Lizard: Dreaming of Kimchee)

I'm interested.

Thanks for posting it...

Means I can drop showtime for a while...
wink.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

I'm interested even though I've no clue when we Canadians might get to see it. Thanks for posting.

------------------
The avalance has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:
Not really sure where to post this and not sure how many people care ... but here goes.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes many people are interested in this news!

For where it should be posted I beleive it should be posted in the forum titled:

General discussion
Topics covering the actors, JMS, or any general topics.

I think that is where it belong Sinclair am I right?

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:
Someone posted a question about why they have not seen Jeremiah listed on Showtime's schedule.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In a press release sometime last month discussing a variety of upcoming projects, Showtime listed Jeremiah with a date of "mid-2002". (Unfortunately, I can't find the the full text.)

Of course, this press release predates the JMS quote, so it's entirely possible they're still rethinking even that vaguely defined timing.

-- Marty

Ah, you are probably right Deviot ... I just couldn't decide where to post this info. It didn't feel right so I should have listened to my gut.
wink.gif

This was disappointing news since I was really looking forward to seeing how JMS does when nothing is holding him back. I was not looking forward to paying for the premium channels (our finances are not what they once were) but I would do most anything to see more of JMS.

I hope the powers that be decide that this show is a go and quickly. I really don't think the events of 9/11 should affect shows like this. In response to someone who said that they didn't want to see a show like this at all, JMS replied on Dec 5th:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Just two things...it already is in being, we're shooting 20 hours. Second
thing... this show isn't about endings. It's about beginnings. It's about building a new world out of the ashes of the old, and who gets to decide what that world looks like, and what our responsibilities are toward that world.

It was designed specifically to be a show about hope, set after what could have been the end, because humans persevere.

Don't judge it until you've seen it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't agree more.

------------------
Monica Hübinette | http://monica.hubbe.net/ | The Abyss : B5 | Seattle, WA
It is an infinite helix, the dance of two souls resonating, like the twist of DNA, like the vast universe. --Banana Yoshimoto (Lizard: Dreaming of Kimchee)

Back