• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Kill Bill vol.2 - spoilers I presume.

GeoKuutio

Regular
Anyone of you seen it already? I think it was a great piece of artwork. Ok, maybe not artwork but this movie had a nice ending, and overall whole second volume is totally different than the first. I liked the way how Beatrix Kiddo aka Black Mamba aka The Mommy aka The Bride killed Bill. I thought that there would be an epic figting with katanas etc. but it was a way different, more cool. And vol.2 had a good humor in it also. When I was watching this I totally understood now what Quentin Tarantino said on Kill Bill vol.1 DVD (which I bought last friday) in the "making of" document. He said that he liked old samurai movies and such, now.. after vol.2 I completely understand what he meant with that. Anyway, it was a very entertaining movie all in all, I highly recommend it to everybody out there.

I really liked it as well. It shows that Quentin can really get into the heads of his characters. Only someone as sadistic as Bill would put a child between him and the bride. :)

I hated the end "battle." You do not set up audience expectation for a battle in an action movie (which the first one was nothing but) and then not deliver it in the climax. The entire previous 4 hours had been building up to that, and he ended it with something that was hardly referenced earlier. Bullshit if you ask me.

I hated the end "battle." You do not set up audience expectation for a battle in an action movie (which the first one was nothing but) and then not deliver it in the climax. The entire previous 4 hours had been building up to that, and he ended it with something that was hardly referenced earlier. Bullshit if you ask me.

The name of this movie is "Kill Bill". And as we all know she's gonna kill Bill. Not to fight with Bill to kill him or anything like that. The movie delivers exactly what it says it will. Nothing more nothing less. It was a decent ending, there was enough of katana swinging in vol.1.

The entire previous 4 hours had been building up to that, and he ended it with something that was hardly referenced earlier. Bullshit if you ask me.

Now, you see, I go in exactly the opposite direction on that one. As soon as they spent as much time as they did on the explanation of the "five point star exploding heart technique" (or whatever the exact name was, what I just wrote doesn't sound right to me), you had to know that it would come back and be used.

It goes back to the old JMS line about writing, something along lines of "If you are going to use a gun in act 3 then you have to show the gun on the wall in act 1. *AND* If you show a gun on the wall in act 1 then you must use it in act 3."

JMS was himself reference Hitchcock, IIRC. This is a favoured storytelling trick of his. I loved the way it was thrown in.
Remember, if QT had been allowed to release it all as one movie, we might of seen the scene a lot earlier...

As for the movie, i loved it. I loved the training sequence, Lo-pen stroking his beard etc etc...

And the eyeball sequence, OMFG! :LOL:

Kill Bill 1 and 2 both rules in different ways.

I've gone on a Quentin Tarantino spending splurge in thanks for the great films. :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back