• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Just watched War Without an End

D

**DONOTDELETE**

wow. i have only recently started watching B5 as my mate is collecting the tapes and Babylon Squared always confused me. The he said "your going to see what actually happened on babylon 4!" and i was like yay!!
anyway i just wondered what everyone else thought of it.

I truly enjoyed it ..

, thought it was way cool , but then again I enjoy all the B5-episodes *g* The multitude of interlaced-storylines , characters , great diversity and creativity in all areas is what drew me to the series in the first place. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

dawnchild
/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

I think that this is the epitome of JMS’s writing on B5. What other show literally leads up to such a plot point from day 1? I think this is one of the best (if not the best) arc-related episode in the series. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

I agree with hypatia here. The first time I watched it, I had to watch the last scene again for it to sink in.

It took me about 3 watchings before I figured out who was in the blue suit at each stage! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Odd. I got it right away. Then again, I got the Matrix right away and some people struggled with that too.

I also got it straight away but what got me was the fact that that JMS sat there and started this arc literally from day one. Suffice to say by the end of season 4 I was looking for the nearest JMS shrine!

Someone please help, I don't get the blue suit thing, what are you talking about. I hope it's something I've missed, I love that.
Thanks
Car

In WWE, there were instances of someone in a blue space suit that had a reflective faceplate. You couldn't exactly see who it was for a while. Delenn or Sinclair or sometimes, we didn't know.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cartagia_II:
<font color=yellow>Someone please help, I don't get the blue suit thing, what are you talking about. I hope it's something I've missed, I love that.
ThanksCar</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
No, you didn't miss anything. The "blue suit" is the space suit, that's all! I found that kind of a funny way of putting it, myself. But that is all that they mean by the blue suit.

Without a doubt, War Without End I and II, were two of my favorite episodes. Since the departure of Sinclair at the end of season 1, I had been waiting for them to resolve the questions left by Babylon Squared, another of my favorites. In WWE I was once again handed an explanation that I did not expect, and I loved it.

my favorite part of both eps is in WWE part 1....
*vorlon voice* "he is the closed circle. He is returning to the beginning." *vorlon voice*

I love that

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jnk5y:
<font color=yellow>my favorite part of both eps is in WWE part 1....
*vorlon voice* "he is the closed circle. He is returning to the beginning." *vorlon voice* I love that</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

And it's one of the few times Kosh actually makes a complete sentence! There are a few others, but only a few. Most of them are in the episode with the VCR and Talia Winters. I think the 'avalanche' line is also a complete sentence.

Can't think of many others, though. That darned Vorlon brevity! /ubbthreads/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

WWE 1+2 are just great IMHO. They are two of the best episodes of the whole series. They are absolutely central to the Babylon 5 storyline. I won't go into great detail about them because there could actually be someone here who hasn't seen them. (Gasp! /ubbthreads/images/icons/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif ) But I will say that the events of these two episodes are absolutely crucial to the whole 5 story. They are a must see if you want to have a good understanding of the series.

Ironicall, WWE1 was the first full episode of B5 I saw after B^2! Heh.

Sadly, I hadn't gotten into B5 right away. I had seen "The Gathering" and bits of pieces of season 1. I remembered from the pilot wanting to know about B4 so when the episode "Babylon Squared" came around I watched it eagerly and quite enjoyed it ... but still (sadly again) didn't get into watching it regularly. Of course it not being on at a regular time where I lived during all of season 2 contributed to that problem.

Then came season 3 ... I think I was up late one night in high school and saw a comercial for an episode (it was like 2:00am) that dealt with Babylon 4. So of course I stayed up to watch ... "Shadows? What?" "Ack?! They changed captains and the original is coming back?" I watched it, liking it alot, liking the story arc quality of it - especially the future scenes on Centauri Prime. That helped me try to track down watching season 3 in the reruns. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

DG you confused me for a moment. Then I realized you meant the "circle" quote, not the "avalanche" quote, didn't you?

Who did say it, btw? /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back