• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS denies Star Wars TV series

From the moderated newsgroup via JMS news:

10/1/2004 4:36:05 PM

>The only person I think could do it - I mean, really do it - would be J.
>Michael Straczynski (Babylon 5, Jerimiah) he is the only person with TV
>Experience that I can think of who could pull it off and get the scale of
>it.
>

I think it'd be a great idea, it would certainly be the job of a lifetime...I
just don't think the friendly folks at ILM know me well enough to think of me
for this. But if anybody over there reading this wants to put in a good word,
feel free.

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
(all message content (c) 2004 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
and don't send me story ideas)

Very interesting. I guess this is not his latest TV project then. Even though i'm all 'meh' to a Star Wars TV series, this would be cool.

Yeah right. Like that would ever happen. Lucas will give the series to a friend of his, not a stranger, no matter how good he is.

For purely selfish reasons, I'm glad. :D I want JMS working on the B5 Universe, not Lucas' stuff which Lucas seems intent on turning into a pile of dren. :mad:

Well, it sounds like he would at least be interested. I sure wouldn't mind seeing him do some sort of Star Wars television series.

huh? the tv series would not be set in the current star wars timeframe, it would be expanded universe stuff, and lucas stays clear of that.

huh? the tv series would not be set in the current star wars timeframe, it would be expanded universe stuff, and lucas stays clear of that.

"Lucas" and "stays clear" ....Hmmmm, no, those words don't go together. "Lucas" and "continuously screw with" ....yeah, those are compatible words. :p :devil: :p :devil: :p :devil:

TV series premise: 8 year old Luke meets up with 8 year old Leia and embark on a series of adventures with R2-D2 and C-3PO across the galaxy.

Series finale: they take separate ships home and both encounter an evil mind erasing probe which will set up their eventual remeeting years later.

They're the top dogs in charge of the Star Trek universe.

And some of their story lines are very reminiscent of the storyline Sinclair jokingly (I hope) suggested for the series. They are very fond of the "Reset switch" and a multitude of ways of ignoring that things happened.

Yeah right. Like that would ever happen. Lucas will give the series to a friend of his, not a stranger, no matter how good he is.

My rumor insider has told me that Lucas has approached Kevin Smith to run the SW series. No word on whether Smith was interested (though he is a major SW fan), or whether they're in any kind of serious negotiations.

And has informed me that the series will take place after the NJO series of novels...and will deal with the younger Jedi including Jason and Jaina. Though no original cast are to be in the series...they are not ruling out guest appearances.

CE

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back