• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Jms debunks Crusade burial speculations... Again...

Actually, IMHO at least, it would be strange if he didn't deal with some of the issues of Crusade in Rangers. It would be awfully strange that the human members of the crew would just merrily whistle along when the call is made to defend earth during the Drakh attack. Even if they could not make (Gideon's ship didn't) it back in time, I am sure they would be keeping up with it and devastated by the results. It also wouldn't surprise me to have the crew investigate occasionally when they had the chance, even communicate with the Excalibur.

Unless you think the characters will not be affected by an attack on their homeworld (I know Mars maybe home to some, but you get my point). I can just see it. Oh, earth has been attacked. They have a plague now. Let's go on leave!!!!

It might create some interesting character aspects on how they deal with that and other Drakh problems (maybe even techno-mages) as well as add some plot and story elements. Of course it will be dealt with to some extent on Rangers. EVEN IF Crusade is brought back that will be the case. I for one would love to see a four-part crossover (two-parters on each show) each season.

I maybe be overly optimistic (though it won't kill me if it doesn't happen), but I think that SFC thinks they may have something with B5 and its universe. It really would not surprise me if they have tentative plans to start Rangers as a series next summer and Crusade the following summer. Of course they are not set in stone and ratings and other factors will play a major role, but I think (and it is only my almost completely unfounded speculation) that this is a possible plan. And in some ways I think JMS set the timeline of Rangers up specifically for this to happen, as well as avoid the Telepath Crisis.

I am sure SFC also sees potential benefits of two series sharing costs and potentially making both series more feasible as well.

The winds seem to favorable to a go-order for Rangers, and GideonsMine seems to be privy to a little bit of inside info on SFC's thoughts on Crusade (I would really love to know more about what she knows on Netter's comments from another thread here...hehe). And it seems to me that SFC does have Crusade in their internal discussions. And if that is the case, I really doubt that they would tell JMS that it is dead or that he would tell anyone else it is dead. And there was a previous response by JMS that was much more animated and definitely stated his desire to complete Crusade as he began it.

As I stated, I am optimistic, and I am speculating, but I cannot see JMS stating that he would absolutely NOT deal with Crusade in Rangers. There is no way the humans on the crew would not be affected and not want to help. The issues will have to be dealth with in some way.

SmG

------------------
The Truth IS.....

OUT of fashion.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ShadowmageGalen:
I maybe be overly optimistic (though it won't kill me if it doesn't happen), but I think that SFC thinks they may have something with B5 and its universe. It really would not surprise me if they have tentative plans to start Rangers as a series next summer and Crusade the following summer. Of course they are not set in stone and ratings and other factors will play a major role, but I think (and it is only my almost completely unfounded speculation) that this is a possible plan. And in some ways I think JMS set the timeline of Rangers up specifically for this to happen, as well as avoid the Telepath Crisis.

SmG

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, Sci-fi channel wants a Star Trek with legs. And a story arc that keeps you guessing. I have not been truly ingrossed in any show (o.k. other than Mr. Show, The Sopranos, and Twitch City and of course Farscape). And these are rare birds indeed as you all know.
wink.gif

------------------
"Things change...Long time gone."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mordenlafey:
Exactly, Sci-fi channel wants a Star Trek with legs. And a story arc that keeps you guessing. I have not been truly ingrossed in any show (o.k. other than Mr. Show, The Sopranos, and Twitch City and of course Farscape). And these are rare birds indeed as you all know.
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crusade first, Rangers second. Sorry.

LOL, I will take it anyway I can get it.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

I would love to see Crusade make a comeback, with one minor alteration; drop TNT.

I know I'm being nauseatingly optimistic (typical me
crazy.gif
) But I think there's a chance, there is an established fanbase already in existance, the original series is doing well on the Sci-fi channel on what must be it's millionth repeat and Crusade still managed to just about succeed despite TNT's meddling, IMHO it was great! Gidion kicked @$$, Galen was a creation of genius and I absolutely loved Eilerson!

And if the show was this good with TNT doing their best to screw things up, one has to ask the question: What would it have been like if the Great Maker had had his own way with it?

------------------
Put your face in the book.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I would love to see Crusade make a comeback, with one minor alteration; drop TNT.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure what you mean by "drop TNT." TNT has nothing to do with Crusade.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

I hope Crusade comes back too.

I read the two unproduced scripts on-line and they just blew me away. JMS hadn't even got to the GREAT part of the series yet.

It seemed he had something even cooler then just searching for the cure in mind.

I hope new episodes of Crusade and Rangers both get picked up. *crosses fingers*

Right at the moment, can't wait to see Rangers.

If it does good, then there's even more chance that we'll see B5-related shows like Crusade on Scifi.

Hope Rangers becames a series! I need my B5 universe fix!

Just hasn't been the same without B5 or Crusade...

DF2506
" Who also misses Star Trek..since I don't get UPN I didn't get to see the last of Voyager and won't get to see Enterprise..at least for awhile. Ya, B5 is better..but Trek is still cool once and awhile."

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
I'm not sure what you mean by "drop TNT." TNT has nothing to do with Crusade.

Regards,

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately, TNT was the originator of the crap that canned the series in the first place.

Fortunately, they no longer have any say so in it.

Just a stray thought here and there.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back