• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS Comic Story

Lyta

I heard about this story from a mailing list and thought I would share. Wish it was me ... although, I would have probably recognized him.
smile.gif

--BEGIN MESSAGE---
To: nw-b5@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:41:14 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [nw-b5]<*> JMS Comic Story

Hi All,

A little anecdote courtesy of Bob McDonald (a fellow MATC'er and friend)... Seems JMS has been hanging out getting his comic book fix at Golden Age Collectables (on Theatre Row, Granville St. in Vancouver) on irregular Saturday evenings. Recently, a customer was browsing their selection while Joe was there. He asked the clerk when the new issue of one of JMS' titles (I think it was "Midnight Nation") was due for release. The clerk responded telling him he didn't know and that the book was overdue. Overhearing the exchange, JMS stepped up to the counter
obliquely introduced himself while taking the bullet for the delay and stated he was the writer. He apologized for the delay and explained due to his workload, he was behind schedule in terms of his comic titles. JMS then signed the customer's other comic book and according to Bob, the guy was so taken aback by this chance encounter, he was visibly trembling as he left the store.
---END MESSAGE---

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Seattle, WA
Words are magical. Intellectual banquets. Orgies of ideas. --Anaïs Nin

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deviot:
Wow what a nice story..

this just makes me envious
smile.gif
lol

I wonder what comics JMS bought.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder too but I have not gotten a report back on that question. I am sure if someone wants to post a question like that the the newsgroup, JMS might answer.

PS: I think this forum should be renamed the Deviot and Lyta forum!
laugh.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Seattle, WA | Send a Warm Fuzzy!
They knocked down two tall towers. Graft now their echo onto your spine. Become girders and glass, stone and steel, so that when the world sees you, it sees them. And stand tall. Stand tall. --JMS (Amazing Spider-Man #36)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:

PS: I think this forum should be renamed the Deviot and Lyta forum!
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back