• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Jason Carter: From Marcus Cole to a Chevy Avalanche commercial

Just noticed Jason Carter in a really bad Chevy Avalanche commercial. A while back I saw him play a particularly bad and over-acted demon on Charmed. It's a shame how charming and eloquent he was on B5 and how he annoying he is in everything else he does. How the Ranger has fallen.

Please, somebody tell me you've seen do something else well other than B5.

------------------
An Old Egyptian Blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places that you must walk.

Thoughts & prayers to soldiers fighting overseas and to their families.

Well, one must make a living some way... I haven't seen neither the advertise nor the episode but i know i would look for Marcus Cole in whatever role he plays, and maybe that's the problem, after seeing Marcus who would give a f@#$ to what he was playing?
It's hard, but keep in mind that Marcus was a very well built character and in his other roles he was a guy trying to sell something and a demon trying to kill three hot babes(man couldn't he think of ANYTHING else...
wink.gif
)

------------------
If you drink wine, you should be able to enjoy the hangover or learn from it, if you can't do that, dont drink wine.

Yeah I posted something on this in the General forum. It was odd seeing Marcus the bum. I guess you take the jobs where you can get them. I did not see the Charmed thing but he may have been told by the director to act that way.

------------------
"I was free to wallow in my own crapulence." -Mr. Burns in "Who Shot Mr. Burns Part Two"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Várzea:
Well, one must make a living some way... I haven't seen neither the advertise nor the episode but i know i would look for Marcus Cole in whatever role he plays, and maybe that's the problem, after seeing Marcus who would give a f@#$ to what he was playing?
It's hard, but keep in mind that Marcus was a very well built character and in his other roles he was a guy trying to sell something and a demon trying to kill three hot babes(man couldn't he think of ANYTHING else...
wink.gif
)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the solution is simple: Change! You must change!
wink.gif
And if you think WTF, then watch the commercial
wink.gif

------------------
If I tell you my name is Lorien, what good is that?

(Whatever happened to Mr. Garibaldi?)

i saw that and figured I'd post about it, but forgot like 2 seconds later.
tongue.gif

------------------

I saw him in the pilot for viper.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Xzyl:
I saw him in the pilot for viper.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, i remember that...

unfortunately he wasn't too great in that either if i remember rightly. he played a by-the-numbers-tv-pilot bad guy...

------------------

I was in the kitchen and came running (well as fast I can run) when I heard that familiar accent. I was just glad to see the guy on TV again, regardless of the show/ad. Hrm...he's a Ranger, B5LR deals with Rangers...*evil grin*...won't get my hopes up, but it would be cool, IMO, to see him on B5LR (assuming that a series comes out of the movie).

- ITRP *in search of caffeine*

------------------
USPTO - Where I work.
Stanley Associates - Who I work for.
UD Cancer Agent

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ITRP:
Hrm...he's a Ranger, B5LR deals with Rangers...*evil grin*...won't get my hopes up, but it would be cool, IMO, to see him on B5LR (assuming that a series comes out of the movie).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. Of course, it could only happen in a flashback, for instance if one of the Rangers crew trained or worked together with him on some important mission.

Too bad he's somewhat incapacitated in the Rangers movie (& possible series) timeline.
laugh.gif

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

They should've shown Jason sitting in the Chevy and wearing a Ranger outfit.
laugh.gif

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

About that commercial...

A commercial in national rotation for a long running campaign can be a financial windfall for an actor.

The "Change" campaign is fairly clever as these things go, and hopefully that commercial will be bringing Jason residuals for some time to come.

I haven't seen all the other performances noted, but keep in mind that actors need to make a living, and breaking out of the Marcus mold is a priority for a long and varied career.

Jason is a multi-talented actor and on Third Rock from the Sun, and in this commercial shows some comedic talent.

Don't be a snob on his behalf. A decent paycheck is a good thing, no matter what your profession.

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

I love the commercial, myself.

I'm afraid I scared my long-suffering wife, leaping from the sofa, pointing wildly at the screen, and shouting "Hey! It's Marcus!"

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

Are you talking about the change for a dollar commercial?
I didn't notice him in that one. Which one of them is he?

------------------
My name: Solaris5....
My mission: to burst the bubble of idiocy that has enveloped everyone and bring common sense back from beyond the rim.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Are you talking about the change for a dollar commercial? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, not that one. Trust me, you'll know it when you see it. Kinda hard to miss him. He talks really loudly.
smile.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

I said before that I thought that he could do better (and I do), but if this does help his career, than more power to him. I just can't get beyond how he is -so- Marcus in that commerical...of course, that could just very well be me, being the ultra-fan that I am.
laugh.gif

I did see him on that episode of Charmed, and I know that now I would appreciate it more because I have sense become a fan of the show...which, that show does have some really good qualities, namely, the two male actors, but...that's a completely different topic.
smile.gif

I think Jason Carter really needs to do is get himself a role in a movie that had a widely acclaimed actor in it as the lead. Like what another one of my fav British actors did, a fellow by the name of Jason Issacs (heh, actually remembered the spelling this time. *L*). Issacs stared opposite Mel Gibson in the Patriot (which, also stared another British B5 actor, Peter Woodward *S*). Issacs played the nasty British Captain (I think this was the rank...can't remember) that was against Gibson's character. And now, he's appeared in so many other movies (all of which, the names escape me at the moment *L*).

From what I have seen of his work, Jason Carter is a fine caliber of actor. I know that he could do something big. Even if he doesn't make an appearance in Rangers (if it does become a series *crosses fingers*), I hope that he does become better known in Hollywood.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by taichidave:

I'm afraid I scared my long-suffering wife, leaping from the sofa, pointing wildly at the screen, and shouting "Hey! It's Marcus!"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, I totally did the same thing with my then-girlfriend the first time I saw a particular car commercial with a Star Trek actor in it. I loudly exclaimed, "Wow, it's General Martok!"

We are such nerds.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

I haven't seen all of the Carter commercial but I must say that the changeble idea has to be one of the all time worst. All the faults of trucks and suvs in one package, none of the advantages...yea.

------------------
"I was free to wallow in my own crapulence." -Mr. Burns in "Who Shot Mr. Burns Part Two"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by taichidave:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My wife and I both did the exact same thing when we saw that commercial.

"No...thank you."

smile.gif

------------------

Moved to General.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back