• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

It's official: Dumbledore role recast

Re: It\'s official: Dumbledore role recast

Uh, Kribu's already told us about this.
smile.gif
In the Sirius Black thread.

I know, but it had not been officially announced until a couple days ago. Besides, not everyone read that thread.

Which is why I posted the confirmation there two days ago when it *was* officially announced.
grin.gif
I didn't think to make a new thread since the Gary Oldman as Sirius casting was officially announced the same time.

Oh well, there can never be too many Harry Potter threads.
cool.gif

Oh dear. Not happy about this at all.
frown.gif
I've never seen a picture of this man looking kindly or anything like I would expect from Dumbledore.

Really, that guy has to be the happiest looking man I've ever seen...
rolleyes.gif

The beard should help.
grin.gif

Seriously though... based on the little I've seen, Gambon seems to be a good actor. I'm sure he can look kind if he has to.

I liked Gambon as Inspector Maigret. He was often kind, and always thoughtful in that role, well for a cop.

I think Gambon has the voice and the acting ability, and with the makeup I'm sure he'll be okay.

I've spent the past week trying to convince my mother he'll be fine in the role. She's determined to find fault. I've seen Gambon in several things, and I can assure you that he is a wonderful actor. He's moved me to tears and he's made me laugh. Whether or not he'll be able to capture the spirit of Dumbledore, who knows? Personally I'm going to reserve judgement at least until I've seen him try!

Oh, and I'm skipping in my happy-pants at the news that Oldman will play Sirius Black!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back