• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Is Myriam Lyta's sister?

A_M_Swallow

Regular
Is Myriam Lyta\'s sister?

Sarah Cantrell, playing Myriam Sirois, appears to have been made up to look like the Babylon 5 character Lyta Alexander. I wonder if they are meant to be sisters?
crazy.gif

Both Lyta and Myriam have short red hair, are born fighters and no smile.

I am basing this on the group photograph published on page 55 of Dreamwatch issue 84.

The difference in name is no problem, Alexander was Lyta's mother's family name. A non-telepathic child could easily take the father's name.

Alternatively they could be mother and daughter. Lyta may have given birth to Myriam in the 10 year period before going to Babylon 5. There is no mention of a baby, but in this show ex-wives have been know to appear out of nowhere - so why not a child! The telepathic organization Psi Corps had a policy of taking child telepaths away from their mothers and bringing them up in an orphanage. This would make Myriam either a normal or a maximum of a P6 telepath.

Next option, Myriam is only 2 (two) years old. The Vorlons did make a few changes to Lyta. When Myriam comes into bloom, like her mother, she would be the strongest telepath in the galaxy.

Myriam could be Lyta clone #3 hiding under as assumed name. This would not fool G'Kar but he may be protecting his friend.

Final option - there is no relationship between Myriam and Lyta. JMS just likes both pretty red heads and red herrings.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

Re: Is Myriam Lyta\'s sister?

Hi Andrew,
Just wanted to let you know that the characters name is actually Sarah Cantrell. My name is Myriam. I know it's all very confusing as I posted as Sarah. So sorry.

Anyways, I don't know if that changes any of your theories but I just wanted to let you know that they are all excellent. Your guess however, is as good as mine. I regret that I can't help shed any light on this subject as I do not know myself.

Thanks again though for being so interested, I look forward to reading and answering more of your questions. Cheers. Myriam
smile.gif

------------------

I think the theory is a bit of a stretch, but isn't totally outside the realm of possiblities, at least not to my knowledge. Someone may know more than I.

Oh, btw, I noticed all of the cast here use "Cheers, <name>" to end their replies. Any reason for this? Any type of collusion going on? Just curious.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazybillyo:
Oh, btw, I noticed all of the cast here use "Cheers, <name>" to end their replies. Any reason for this? Any type of collusion going on? Just curious.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps they've been partying with G'kar too much?
laugh.gif

On topic - Anything's possible, it could work as a plot easily. Have Lyta come in contact with the ship, asking for help of her 'sis' for help in the 'upcoming' war? (I think i've got the timeline screwed)*
smile.gif

* - Can't remember if the teep war has all ready happened or not.

------------------
'The brighter the light, the darker the shadow... symmetrys a bitch' - Me

'Remember, light travels faster than sound. That's why some people seem bright until they speak.' - Me

Nope, DL, can't happen. This takes place just after the teep war, and Lyta's dead by then, as per JMS's words.

You never know, though, he could retract what he said about Lyta. One time he said Valen had no children, but later on it was established that his human DNA had spread all throughout the Minbari because of his children.

He could be trying to throw us onto the wrong track with obscure lies, inuendos, and general vague statements. Afterall, JMS is a Vorlon.
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

[This message has been edited by crazybillyo (edited August 03, 2001).]

Hmm. "Cheers". Most likely a Canadian thing. Like "Eh" or "Aboot". The American actors on the cast also probably picked up some bad canuck habits while filming.

As for the theory, I doubt it. That's a pretty shaky foundation to make that kind of a leap.

------------------
Lochley: You know what you are?

Gideon: Ruggedly handsome?

Lochley: A control freak!

Gideon: Can't I be both?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazybillyo:
Nope, DL, can't happen. This takes place just after the teep war, and Lyta's dead by then, as per JMS's words.

You never know, though, he could retract what he said about Lyta. One time he said Valen had no children, but later on it was established that his human DNA had spread all throughout the Minbari because of his children.

He could be trying to throw us onto the wrong track with obscure lies, inuendos, and general vague statements. Afterall, JMS is a Vorlon.
laugh.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn, should'a known.

Maybe she could die and live.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

What I mean is, by the end of the teep war, she'd be wanted by everyone, made an icon and maybe even asked to lead the telepaths again. She may not want to do this (G'Kar for example sure didn't and the two did go on a very long trip together, habbits rub off), with the help of Garibaldi fake her death and go in hiding.
smile.gif
Also it's pretty easy for an uber-teep to hide, she could make everyone think she was a pokadot giraffe if she really wanted to.
laugh.gif

------------------
'The brighter the light, the darker the shadow... symmetrys a bitch' - Me

'Remember, light travels faster than sound. That's why some people seem bright until they speak.' - Me

Ms Myriam Sirois I apologise for confusing your name with your character's name. Sorry.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

If there is a relationship between the two characters, we will know by the end of season 2. I have a feeling it will be fun watching to find out.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Hmm. "Cheers". Most likely a Canadian thing. Like "Eh" or "Aboot". The American actors on the cast also probably picked up some bad canuck habits while filming. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The American actors on the cast? I thought the only one was Andreas Katsulas.

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back