• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Is it Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgale

To ask someone for a copy of an episode they missed because they were under the impression it would be rebroadcast on Sunday like the pilot episode?

Hypothetically, this would be "...And the Ground, Sown with Salt"

So . . . is it wrong to ask for such things? If it is, I'm glad I checked first. If it isn't . . . well, I bet you can guess my second question. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

I don't think anyone can stop you from asking a hypothetical question. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

However, as far as I know, it has so far been board policy not to actually and in detail discuss any trading, loaning or selling of copies in public on this board, even if you're a loyal Showtime subscriber who just missed the episode.

So I'm going to have to ask you and anyone who might want to help you to not go into specifics in public here.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dgale:
<font color=yellow>To ask someone for a copy of an episode they missed because they were under the impression it would be rebroadcast on Sunday like the pilot episode?

Hypothetically, this would be "...And the Ground, Sown with Salt"

So . . . is it wrong to ask for such things? If it is, I'm glad I checked first. If it isn't . . . well, I bet you can guess my second question. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
I am taping all the episodes, not only for myself, but for a good friend who lives in Canada, where Showtime isnt broadcast. I can send them to him when I get a full tape and he doesnt have to miss out. Of course usually there are other methods as well. Newsgroups sometimes have VCD and MPEG versions out soon after the showings so if you have broadband connections you can download them and burn to a VCD.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>
So I'm going to have to ask you and anyone who might want to help you to not go into specifics in public here.
<hr></blockquote>

No problem . . . can't seem to edit my profile, so if anyone can help me get a copy of "...And the Ground, Sown with Salt", please send me an email to the_dgale@hotmail.com

My thanks to Kribu who answered a question I had been hestitating to answer publicly. I wholeheartedly understand anyone's situation if they missed an episode because unless you have Showtime Beyond, you are screwed. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif I would also suggest that you send a email suggesting that they repeat the episodes for such situations ... not to mention for any people trying to get into the series. Sheesh, Showtime is totally shooting themselves in the foot. /ubbthreads/images/icons/mad.gif

Please use the private messaging system here (or email) for any further discussions.

Since this question has been raised and the intentions were made clear, I am going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back