• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Insulting family

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I've decided that Legend of the Rangers is like our little brother or sister when it comes to criticism. It's ok to beat up on or make fun of your little brother or sister cause their family. But, when some stranger tries to mess with them, you're always right their to defend them or kick the butt. I've noticed that it's the same way with B5LR. As loyal fans of B5, it's ok for us to nitpick a tad and point out things we think could be improved, but it's ok because just like with a little sibling, when it comes down to it, we really love it. But when an outsider gives a bad review or someone who's obviously not a real fan starts to complain, we always come together to stick up for our telemovie. It's really quite comforting.

------------------

I don't know about that. When people who are acknowledged fans and frequent posters here talk some snap, we give them a hard time, too. We are accused of being blindly loyal, but that's inaccurate.

There are reasonable criticisms, there are opinions, and there are ignorant and spiteful statements. The first is constructive, the second is amusing but useless, and the third is annoying and hurtful. Part of what a community does is to weed out the third. When we do this, we are accused of not accepting "opinions."

As I've said before many times, you can't say something stupid and just plain wrong and then defend it by calling it an opinion. The word "opinion" is all too often used as a shield against breaking down someone's foolishness.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back